Global Operations – Accounting & Finance
Who We Are
Resonance is an award-winning frontier market solutions firm based in Burlington, Vermont that helps a variety of donor, commercial and investor clients around the world to catalyze lasting impact. We envision a prosperous and just world of thriving markets, healthy ecosystems, and vibrant communities where business, governments and citizens work together creating a better world for all.
Resonance seeks to catalyze large-scale social, environmental, and economic change by fostering new and dynamic forms of collaboration. We do this by fostering public-private partnerships, facilitating sustainable investment, and providing deep analytical insights in frontier markets. We strive to merge strategic insight with practical on-the-ground knowledge into an integrated approach that emphasizes results.
Resonance was recently named one of Inc. 5000’s fastest growing privately-held companies. We seek candidates who are ready to apply their analytical and problem-solving skills to some of our planet’s greatest challenges in an entrepreneurial, fun, and fast-paced environment. We are looking for passionate and committed people who can work in a highly collaborative environment to deliver results for our clients and stakeholders around the world.
Resonance is seeking candidates to join our growing global consulting firm’s Finance department in the role of Controller. The Controller will serve as a leader in the Finance department and will be responsible for managing the accounting team, including Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, GL, payroll, and cash management functions. This is a full-time position based in Burlington, VT, reporting to the Chief Financial Officer.
• Manage accounting operations and team members including: A/R, A/P, GL, payroll, and cash management functions
• Enhance and maintain systems of internal controls over transactions to verify the integrity of all financial transactions, data, systems, and processes
• Drive the completion of timely monthly financial close and production of financial statements
• Coordinate financial audits with independent auditors and regulatory agencies (DCAA), oversee preparation of required items
• Liaise with tax advisors to insure corporate income tax compliance and the accurate and timely completion of all corporate income tax return filings
• Support financial metrics for measuring company performance and operations
• Work with project managers to achieve financial goals for all contracts
• Support contract proposal activity and help create budgets and pricing responses to RFPs and RFQs
• Respond to CFO as assigned with accurate and timely work to facilitate financial needs
• Participate in a wide variety of special projects and compile a variety of special reports
• Minimum of five (5) years’ experience as a Controller or Accounting Manager, preferably with a US government contractor
• Prior supervisory experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance; advanced degree preferred (preference will be given to CPA or CMA candidates)
• Financial statement preparation
• Experience working in ERP / Accounting systems
• Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end closing process
• Ability to work with diverse teams in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
• Familiarity with cost accounting standards
• Eligibility to work in US
• Experience using Deltek Cost Point software preferred
• Experience working in a USAID contracting environment preferred
• FAR/AIDAR knowledge preferred
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please. Resonance is an Equal Opportunity Employer.