Communications Specialist, USAID Catalyst Project BetterTogether/JuntosEsMejor Challenge
Government Services – Inclusive Markets Practice
Who We Are
Resonance is an award-winning frontier market solutions firm based in Burlington, Vermont that helps a variety of donor, commercial and investor clients around the world to catalyze lasting impact. We envision a prosperous and just world of thriving markets, healthy ecosystems, and vibrant communities where business, governments and citizens work together creating a better world for all.
Resonance seeks to catalyze large-scale social, environmental, and economic change by fostering new and dynamic forms of collaboration. We do this by fostering public-private partnerships, facilitating sustainable investment, and providing deep analytical insights in frontier markets. We strive to merge strategic insight with practical on-the-ground knowledge into an integrated approach that emphasizes results.
Resonance was recently named one of Inc. 5000’s fastest growing privately-held companies. We seek candidates who are ready to apply their analytical and problem-solving skills to some of our planet’s greatest challenges in an entrepreneurial, fun, and fast-paced environment. We are looking for passionate and committed people who can work in a highly collaborative environment to deliver results for our clients and stakeholders around the world.
Resonance is seeking a candidate to serve as a Communications Specialist (Consultant) for the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) and the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB) funded BetterTogether/JuntosEsMejor Challenge. This is a global initiative to crowdsource, fund and scale innovative solutions from Venezuelans, wherever they are, and innovators worldwide, to support Venezuelans and host communities affected by the regional crisis. Specifically, the Challenge will elevate Venezuelan voices; connect Venezuelans, host communities, and the world’s collective genius to develop solutions; fund, test, and scale these solutions; as well as build a marketplace of tested solutions in Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Guyana, Panama, Peru, Trinidad and Tobago, and Venezuela.
As the prime implementer, Resonance supports a range of activities for this initiative, under the broader implementation of the Catalyst project. Central to the overall approach is the project’s communications strategy. The Consultant will work with the BetterTogether Senior Program Manager and Catalyst Communications Advisor, in close consultation with USAID’s Global Development Lab and the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB), to develop and execute select activities within this strategy, using their knowledge of the region and the Venezuelan diaspora community.
This position is open to candidates worldwide, with an emphasis on those who have direct communications experience working in a similar communications role with the Latin American, Venezuelan migrant and/or diaspora community. The role requires native Spanish, and complete fluency in English.
- In their role as a Communications Specialist, the Consultant will collaborate with the BetterTogether Challenge to achieve the following deliverables:
- Complete a brief intake assessment on current communications materials, resources, and information available about the project. The goal of this assessment is to provide the Consultant an opportunity to understand project capacity, donor support and expectations, and existing efforts and approaches to communications to date. Expected Result: 4-page summary with broad recommendations for focus moving forward. Approximately 1 - 2 business days.
- Work in close collaboration with the Senior Manager and Communications Advisor to operationalize and implement the overall communications strategy, including realistic quarterly goals and activities. As part of this, the Consultant will support the development and implementation of a variety of BetterTogether Challenge activities and products to share project achievements, promote community stakeholder engagement, and source the best solutions from applicants and partners. S/he will coordinate and implement select activities as developed, assigned, and approved from the communications strategy.
- Specifically, these might include planning and managing the execution of information sessions, webinars, email campaigns, media pitching and analyzing results, co-creation and design workshops, outreach events, promotional videos, management of the project’s web and social media presence and work with BetterTogether Challenge subcontractors to ensure quality and consistent messaging across events and products. As part of this, the Consultant will be asked to work with subcontracting organizations to oversee data management on the tracking of regular media usage, write blogs, and engage the public by managing and reporting out on significant events to promote the Challenge’s achievements and overall messages. To do this, the Consultant will use both pre-approved and new content, created in collaboration with, and approval by USAID. Expected Result: Development and implementation of targeted communications products will be ongoing and as assigned, as part of the communications strategy. Up to 37 business days with potential for increased growth and ongoing support throughout the year.
- Participate in remote or in-person debriefing and feedback sessions with USAID, IDB, Catalyst and others as required.
- 7 – 10 years of experience working on strategic communications, particularly international development with a relevant private sector, innovation, and/or technology focus.
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in communications or another relevant field.
- Experience working with an international development agency and/or a multilateral development bank preferred.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment, creating public-facing products on short deadlines, and juggling multiple activities.
- Experience collaborating and coordinating with diverse stakeholders dispersed across multiple organizations, geographies, and time zones.
- Experience managing high-profile social media accounts.
- Demonstrated track record securing earned media and directly engaging with press.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Strong Spanish and English writing ability.
- Computer program savvy, including use of Microsoft Office package, Google Suite, and other relevant software to produce and monitor communications materials, such as Adobe InDesign, Mailchimp, and Google Analytics.
Note: This consultancy role will commence with discrete project activities, and the potential to transition into broader long-term half and/or full-time engagement based on performance and overall project needs.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please. Resonance is an Equal Opportunity Employer.