Project Assistant, USAID Catalyst Project
Government Services – Inclusive Markets Practice
Who We Are
Resonance is an award-winning frontier market solutions firm based in Burlington, Vermont that helps a variety of donor, commercial and investor clients around the world to catalyze lasting impact. We envision a prosperous and just world of thriving markets, healthy ecosystems, and vibrant communities where business, governments and citizens work together creating a better world for all.
Resonance seeks to catalyze large-scale social, environmental, and economic change by fostering new and dynamic forms of collaboration. We do this by fostering public-private partnerships, facilitating sustainable investment, and providing deep analytical insights in frontier markets. We strive to merge strategic insight with practical on-the-ground knowledge into an integrated approach that emphasizes results.
Resonance was recently named one of Inc. 5000’s fastest growing privately-held companies. We seek candidates who are ready to apply their analytical and problem-solving skills to some of our planet’s greatest challenges in an entrepreneurial, fun, and fast-paced environment. We are looking for passionate and committed people who can work in a highly collaborative environment to deliver results for our clients and stakeholders around the world.
The U.S. Agency for International Development and the Inter-American Development Bank are partnering for the BetterTogether / JuntosEsMejor Challenge, a global initiative to crowdsource, fund, and scale innovative solutions from Venezuelans, wherever they are, and innovators worldwide to support Venezuelans and host communities affected by the migration. The Challenge will: Elevate Venezuelan voices and ingenuity to answer needs across the regional crisis; Connect Venezuelans, host communities, and the world’s collective genius to develop innovative solutions; Expand networks across communities and countries to promote relationships and collaboration; Fund, test, and scale solutions; and Build a marketplace of tested, market-ready solutions.
Resonance is seeking candidates for the role of bilingual Spanish-English Project Assistant (PA) on our USAID-funded Catalyst project. The PA will work closely with the Senior Manager, the project assistant and communications advisor of the BetterTogether/ JuntoEsMejor Challenge, as well as other internal and external stakeholders, to ensure that the project’s delivers on its promise of identifying and supporting innovative approaches to addressing the regional migration crisis created by the social, political and economic unrest in Venezuela.
The PA will work with the Senior Manager as part of the grants management team to manage the sourcing, flow and response to humanitarian innovation applications submitted to the Challenge. They will manage the online application system, manage an online database of application status, engage and manage a network of expert reviewers, generate and present to key stakeholders and senior staff in donor and partner organizations and engage with applicants about their journey through the innovation process. In addition, they will play a supporting role in editing overall Challenge communications in English and Spanish. The appropriate candidate will have strong attention to detail, time management skills, and Spanish-English writing and editing experience.
This is a full-time position based in Washington, DC, reporting to Senior Manager, BetterTogether/JuntosEsMejor Challenge.
- Mange the receipt concept papers on the YouNoodle application platform and ensure they are properly advanced through the competitive process on the platform.
- Manage and update the Challenge internal database with application information from YouNoodle, including applicant details; status of concept papers; judging assignments; judging results; and dates of communication with applicants.
- Execute all communication with Challenge applicants, including confirming receipt of applications; sending decline to fund letters; and notifying applicants when they advance in the competitive process.
- Onboard and serve as the point of contact with Challenge judges, including creating profiles on the YouNoodle system; collecting NDA/COI forms; orienting the judges to the Challenge; and troubleshooting any technical or other challenges they may have.
- Implement the concept paper eligibility screening process, including assigning eligibility screeners, conducting eligibility screening, and advancing concept papers based on the results of the eligibility screening
- Oversee and implement the external judging of all eligible concept papers, including working with IDB to assign 4 expert judges to each concept paper; ensuring judges submit their evaluations on time via the YouNoodle platform; assigning judges if necessary; and the judging results are updated in the internal database.
- Complete OFAC, SAM, UN Sanction List Screening for all CPs that get above 70 (Catalyst Risk Screening #1)
- Prepare packages for the Challenge Partner Committee to review for all concept papers that receive an average judges score of 70. The package includes a google translation of Spanish concept papers; judges scores; and judges comments
- Invite applicants who the Challenge Partner Committee has approved to submit a full application through the YouNoodle system.
Required Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in international development, public administration, public policy, business administration, or a related field preferred
- Relevant professional work experience, including internships
- Experience working with online platforms and Google or similar spreadsheets that includes pivot tables
- Effective oral and written communication skills, including strong writing and editing capabilities in English and Spanish
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to multitask, and ability to work well under pressure
- Advanced proficiency in reading and speaking Spanish
- Eligibility to work in US
Preferred Education & Experience
- 2 years of progressively responsible work experience supporting international, management consulting, or other social impact projects.
- Previous work in Latin America
- Familiarity with USAID projects is preferred.
- Experience working on humanitarian response, gender and women’s issues, migration, conflict mitigation
- Awareness of the sensitivities and risks faced by development work in the context of fast evolving political and social unrest
- A confident, professional and diplomatic communicator
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please. Resonance is an Equal Opportunity Employer.