Chief of Party, WADI II Task Order
To Be Determined
Government Services – Natural Capital Practice
Who We Are
Resonance is an award-winning frontier market solutions firm based in Burlington, Vermont that helps a variety of donor, commercial and investor clients around the world to catalyze lasting impact. We envision a prosperous and just world of thriving markets, healthy ecosystems, and vibrant communities where business, governments and citizens work together creating a better world for all.
Resonance seeks to catalyze large-scale social, environmental, and economic change by fostering new and dynamic forms of collaboration. We do this by fostering public-private partnerships, facilitating sustainable investment, and providing deep analytical insights in frontier markets. We strive to merge strategic insight with practical on-the-ground knowledge into an integrated approach that emphasizes results.
Resonance was recently named one of Inc. 5000’s fastest growing privately-held companies. We seek candidates who are ready to apply their analytical and problem-solving skills to some of our planet’s greatest challenges in an entrepreneurial, fun, and fast-paced environment. We are looking for passionate and committed people who can work in a highly collaborative environment to deliver results for our clients and stakeholders around the world.
Resonance is seeking candidates to serve as Chief of Party for one of several anticipated Task Orders under the anticipated USAID-funded Water and Development IDIQ Follow-on (WADI II). WADI II is expected to support USAID missions, bureaus, and other operating units in implementing USAID’s component of the U.S. Government’s Global Water Strategy. Task orders implemented under this IDIQ will reflect the Agency’s strategic direction in the water sector, including improving health outcomes through the provision of sustainable water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) and managing agricultural water sustainably and more productively to enhance food security.
The Chief of Party will be responsible for overall strategic and operational coordination of program activities. S/he should have a comprehensive understanding of issues related to managing a sub-award/sub-contract program that serves clients in developing countries supported by U.S. Government funding; strong management experience, problem solving and interpersonal skills, and experience in budgeting and financial management. S/he will also have experience in interacting with U.S. Government agencies, other donors, and partners.
The Chief of Party will bear primary responsibility for overall leadership, project planning and implementation, and ensuring timely and high-quality expertise and deliverables for USAID. S/he will serve as the primary point of contact to USAID and contribute to successful, positive relationship with the client and other key stakeholders. The Chief of Party will be accountable for both the quality of the project, as well as for its effective financial and operational management. S/he will manage a team of technical staff, organizational partners and short-term consultants. The Chief of Party is responsible for achieving the expected results of the project and solving problems that may arise.
• Master’s Degree (or higher) in business, international affairs, public administration, public policy, or a related field
• Proven technical experience in emerging markets in WASH, water resource management, or a related field.
• Minimum of fifteen (15) years in the management and supervisory experience of WASH, water resource management, governance, and/or capacity building programs with a US Government foreign affairs agency, international assistance organization, or non-governmental organization.
• Minimum of three (3) years of field experience working in one or more developing countries.
• Demonstrated experience in liaising with high level representatives from both the public and private sectors.
• Demonstrable experience managing teams, with strong interpersonal skills.
• Eligibility to work in US.
• Experience in the technical sectors related to The U.S. Government Global Water Strategy preferred
• Familiarity with USAID regulations and compliance requirements preferred
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please. Resonance is an Equal Opportunity Employer.