Analyst, Grants Management, USAID Catalyst Project
Government Services – Inclusive Markets Practice
Who We Are
Resonance is an award-winning frontier market solutions firm based in Burlington, Vermont that helps a variety of donor, commercial and investor clients around the world to catalyze lasting impact. We envision a prosperous and just world of thriving markets, healthy ecosystems, and vibrant communities where business, governments and citizens work together creating a better world for all.
Resonance seeks to catalyze large-scale social, environmental, and economic change by fostering new and dynamic forms of collaboration. We do this by fostering public-private partnerships, facilitating sustainable investment, and providing deep analytical insights in frontier markets. We strive to merge strategic insight with practical on-the-ground knowledge into an integrated approach that emphasizes results.
Resonance was recently named one of Inc. 5000’s fastest growing privately-held companies. We seek candidates who are ready to apply their analytical and problem-solving skills to some of our planet’s greatest challenges in an entrepreneurial, fun, and fast-paced environment. We are looking for passionate and committed people who can work in a highly collaborative environment to deliver results for our clients and stakeholders around the world.
The U.S. Agency for International Development and the Inter-American Development Bank are partnering for the BetterTogether / JuntosEsMejor Challenge, a global initiative to crowdsource, fund, and scale innovative solutions from Venezuelans, wherever they are, and innovators worldwide to support Venezuelans and host communities affected by the migration. The Challenge will: Elevate Venezuelan voices and ingenuity to answer needs across the regional crisis; Connect Venezuelans, host communities, and the world’s collective genius to develop innovative solutions; Expand networks across communities and countries to promote relationships and collaboration; Fund, test, and scale solutions; and Build a marketplace of tested, market-ready solutions.
Resonance is seeking candidates for the role of Analyst, Grants Management on our USAID-funded Catalyst project. The Analyst, Grants Management, will work closely with the Senior Manager and Program Assistant of the BetterTogether/JuntoesMejor Challenge, as wellas other internal and external stakeholders, to ensure that the project’s deliverables are achieved in compliance with the requirements of USAID and Resonance’s rules, regulations, and procedures.
The Analyst, Grants Management, will work with the Senior Manager to implement the Challenge grants program. They will oversee the day-to-day management of the grants program, designed to respond to the humanitarian crisis among Venezuelans and their host communities. They will be responsible for ensuring the grants program strategically contributes to the overall goals, implementation and results of the Challenge.
This is a full-time position based in Washington, DC, through September 2021, reporting to the Senior Manager, BetterTogether/JuntosesMejor Challenge. Candidates with experience managing USAID-funded grants programs are highly encouraged to apply.
· Serve as the primary technical and administrative point of contact for all organizations applying for and implementing grants funded by the Challenge.
· Manage the Challenge grant portfolio in compliance with the approved Grants Management Plan, ADS303, and best practices.
· Maintain audit worthy grant files.
· Prepare mission concurrence documentation for applications that are moving to award in accordance with USAID requirements.
· Conduct final risk assessment, pre-award organizational assessments, gender assessments and environmental assessments for all applications moving to award.
· Complete the budget review and cost negotiation to ensure all costs are reasonable, allowable and allocable.
· Working with the Senior Manager, negotiate grantee tier and milestone deliverables that align with the approved with scope of work and the vision of the Challenge.
· Draft grant approval package for submission to USAID including the negotiation memorandum, and if applicable exemption to competition.
· Serve as a primary point of contact to address grantee’s contractual, administrative and technical questions.
· Manage and update the Challenge grantee deliverable tracker.
· Track, review and approve grantees milestone deliverables and circulate for approval and clearance among the Challenge Partners.
· Prepare grantee payments.
· Liaise with the Sr. Manager and Communications Advisor to support the development of communication products that highlight the successes of grantees.
· Develop financial reports, including annual foreign tax reports
· Other tasks as requested
Required Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in international development, public administration, public policy, business administration, or a related field preferred
- Minimum of three (3) years of progressively responsible work experience in project management of international development programs in the areas of financial management, contract compliance and project operations.
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience managing USG (e.g. USAID, USDOS) funded grants programs
- In-depth working knowledge of USAID projects, and the U.S. Government rule and regulations
- Advanced proficiency in Spanish, Venezuelan Spanish or Spanish fluency
- Effective oral and written communication skills, including strong writing and editing capabilities in English and Spanish
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to multitask, and ability to work well under pressure
- Eligibility to work in US
Preferred Education & Experience
- Experience working on gender and women’s issues
- Previous experience managing grants under contract (GUC)
- Previous work in Latin America
- Master’s degree
- Awareness of the sensitivities and risks faced by development work in the context of fast evolving political and social unrest
- A confident, professional and diplomatic communicator
- Previous work in humanitarian and refugee issues
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please. Resonance is an Equal Opportunity Employer.