Head of Content
Customer insights are critical to building successful products and services. However, finding and interviewing the right people to uncover those insights is a time-consuming, expensive process that often results in researcher frustration.
Respondent is building a new category marketplace that connects researchers with high-quality participants. By reducing research timelines from 4-6 weeks to days and shrinking costs by 90%+, we make business-changing insights available to researchers of all types -- from in-house research teams at IBM and Microsoft to startup founders hunting for product-market fit.
What you'll do
- You will own our content marketing strategy.
- You will prioritize and execute on the content roadmap for both our researcher and participant audiences across various forms of content.
- You will create content yourself but also grow and manage a team of writers and creators.
- You will own and manage our editorial calendar for all content efforts.
- You will conduct primary and secondary research with our target audiences in order to understand their voice, language, and needs.
- You will analyze competitors’ content, messaging, and distribution tactics.
- You will define and measure the success of our content in reaching and persuading our target audiences.
- You will work with the Executive, Marketing, Product, and Customer Success teams to identify content topics and communicate content marketing strategies and goals.
Who you are
- You are a natural storyteller, able to take data, product features, and customer insights and turn them into a compelling narrative.
- You know how to write like you and your audience talk.
- You are excited to build and own a content strategy and bring the experience of having done it before.
- You can inspire and motivate a team of writers and creators to get the best out of them.
- You know your way around the SEO space, with experience using the right tools to inform and adapt a content approach.
- You are entrepreneurial-minded with a bias toward action and a willingness to take ownership.
- You don’t let perfect be the enemy of the good in creating and releasing content.
- You are able to switch between tactical and strategic work with ease. You are energized by working on many different things at once and you are not afraid of occasional chaos.
- You understand how to work in an agile environment and know what it takes to iterate quickly. You recognize this is crucial to the success of the business.
- You are aware of your own biases and actively work to overcome them in delivering content that resonates with our target audiences and in working with the Respondent team.
Working at Respondent is a unique experience. You will be part of a remote, diverse team. We care deeply about creating a cohesive, tight-knit culture that gets results. That’s why we offer our employees the following:
💰Competitive salary & Stock options
🧑💻 A dynamic remote-first work culture with full autonomy to create and experiment!
👩⚕️High-quality medical care
💻 A full office set up, including a MacBook Pro, desk, second screen, ergonomic chair, and wireless mouse & keyboard.
🤓 A structured remote onboarding process and continuous training with a supportive team.
🎨 Monthly Stipends for Learning & Development, Health & Wellness, and Family/Kids/Pets
🏖 Four weeks of flexible paid vacation per year (need a bit more for religious or country holidays--no problem!)
🏡 12 paid holidays per year
👶 Parental leave - 12 weeks fully paid with an additional optional 4 weeks unpaid
🌈 Company retreats for teammates to get to know one another in person (recent locations pre-Covid include New Orleans, San Antonio, and Wickenburg)!
Respondent is an equal opportunity employer
We understand it takes a diverse team of highly intelligent, passionate, curious, and creative people to solve the challenges involved in Respondent's long term success. Our dynamic team members have incredible perspectives to share, just as we know you do, and we take great pride in being an equal opportunity workplace and encourage candidates from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.