Product Designer (Remote)
Columbus, OH /
At Respondent, we believe in-depth research interviews are the oxygen for intelligent innovation. Our marketplace empowers entire organizations by connecting researchers with verified business professionals so they can conduct the kind of research interviews that yield invaluable results. With these new insights, high-quality decision making is scaled across our customer’s organization and innovation flourishes.
B2B companies like IBM, Oracle, Atlassian, Twilio, Microsoft, and many more choose to leverage Respondent to conduct their research interviews and make smarter business decisions.
We are a small (but quickly growing), fully remote tech startup. Working as a distributed team allows us to hire the best talent regardless of location. We look forward to learning more about you and how you might fit into our thriving community of initiative-takers and diverse thinkers.
What you'll do
- Own high-quality UX and UI design execution on key features for our researcher and participant experiences
- Lead UX and UI design efforts to rethink and improve our core researcher experience; make it clear and simple for researchers to find the right participants, and schedule the ones they want
- Lead design efforts to rethink and improve our core researcher experience; make it clear and simple for researchers to find the right participants, and schedule the ones they want
- Work closely with our design and research team to define v2 of our platform
- Collaborate with our design team to push our design system forward—to build features fast, while creating a consistent, simplified user experience
- Lead strategic projects to shape the future of our product and inform our roadmap
- Lead regular design audits and present recommendations to stakeholders
- Work with product to define problems, sketch ideas, get feedback, and finalize designs
- Support engineering by communicating your ideas early, delivering final designs, performing design QA, and providing design support throughout development
- Support user research by defining design directions and creating designs for user testing
- Support workshop planning and facilitation (e.g. design sprints) and establishing design processes at a fast-growing startup
Who you are
- A well-rounded product designer who has worked on agile teams to ship products and features for responsive web applications for at least a few years
- Proficiency with Figma (or similar design tools)
- A portfolio showcasing your command of layout, typography, and visual hierarchy
- Obsession with quality, pixel-level details, and great design execution
- Enthusiasm for design systems, with experience designing and shipping features using a component library and style guide
- Strong interaction design skills—you can quickly sketch multiple ideas for the user's experience moment-to-moment; you can work in low-fidelity, iterating fast, with intention
- A critical design eye when evaluating products and making recommendations
- Experience shipping products on an agile team, working with product managers, engineers, and other designers
- Curiosity about your users, what makes them tick, and an interest in research
- Excellent listening and communication skills
We are looking for someone who matches our level of joy for the work we do, brings something new to the team, and elevates our game. Our core values are very important to us and we hope they resonate with you, too. You can read more about them here!
Working at Respondent is a unique experience. You will be part of a remote, diverse team. We care deeply about creating a cohesive, tight-knit culture that gets results. That’s why we offer our employees the following:
- Work remotely from anywhere in a continental U.S. Time Zone (we are not able to accommodate continuous travel e.g. digital nomadism, remote year, etc.)
- A full office set up, including a MacBook Pro, desk, second screen, ergonomic chair, and wireless mouse & keyboard
- Health insurance for U.S based employees with premiums covered at 99% for individuals and 50% for dependents (non U.S. employees receive a healthcare stipend)
- Short term disability covered at 100% for all U.S based employees
- Dental and vision insurance offered at group rates to lower the cost for U.S based employees
- Four weeks of flexible paid vacation per year (need a bit more for religious or country holidays--no problem!)
- 12 paid holidays per year
- Stock options
- 401k (no matching) Only U.S based employees can participate
- Company retreats for teammates to get to know one another in person (recent locations include New Orleans, San Antonio, and Wickenburg)!
Respondent is an equal opportunity employer
We understand it takes a diverse team of highly intelligent, passionate, curious, and creative people to solve the challenges involved in Respondent's long term success. Our dynamic team members have incredible perspectives to share, just as we know you do, and we take great pride in being an equal opportunity workplace and encourage candidates from under represented backgrounds to apply.