Senior Product/UX Designer
United States, Canada /
Customer insights are critical to building successful products and services. However, finding and interviewing the right people to uncover those insights is a time-consuming, expensive process that often results in researcher frustration.
Respondent is building a new category marketplace that connects researchers with high-quality participants. By reducing research timelines from 4-6 weeks to days and shrinking costs by 90%+, we make business-changing insights available to researchers of all types -- from in-house research teams at Airbnb and Microsoft to startup founders hunting for product-market fit.
We are seeking a research-oriented product/UX designer to join a new product team at Respondent. This is an exciting opportunity for you to lead-out in helping to build a team and culture from scratch surrounding important product initiatives at a successful early-stage startup. This is an exciting role especially for designers who use qualitative research as an important part of their design process, as that is exactly who Respondent was built for!
As a Product Designer at Respondent, you will…
- Ship measurable business value through design by:
- Identifying and solving problems.
- Creating experiences that are easy to use.
- Conducting user research to identify pain and friction points.
- Iterating toward intended success metrics.
- Design new experiences or layouts that adhere to and, when appropriate, evolve and define a design system.
- Drive partnerships and collaborate effectively with your team.
- Design experiences that simplify complexity into usable interfaces.
- Contribute to strategic decisions.
- Give and solicit feedback from designers and the broader product team.
- Demonstrate strong day-to-day execution skills with meticulous attention to detail.
- 5-10 years experience in product / ux design and/or research
- Product thinking
- Remote, qualitative research tools (unmoderated and moderated)
- Interaction design
- Proactivity and drive
- Thriving in a remote work environment
- A portfolio and/or case studies that showcases your ability in the skills above.
- Experience using Figma as a primary design and prototyping tool.
- Bias toward outcomes over output.
- Experience contributing to design systems
- Experience designing for marketplaces
We believe people do their best work when they are healthy and happy.
🌟 Purpose: Be part of a team that is building a new category marketplace that will change how we conduct research forever
🌏 Work anywhere, live your life: Join us anywhere in the world as part of a fully distributed team. No commuting! We give you the freedom and flexibility to work when you want, and where you want!
💎 Transparent and inclusive: Work in an environment with high trust, transparency, and autonomy
🚀 Growth opportunities: You're joining at a great time and if you can keep up, you will have the opportunity to grow at the same rate as the company. We will do everything humanly in supporting you to get there.
👩⚕️High-quality medical care
💰Competitive salary & Stock options
🤓 A structured remote onboarding process and continuous training with a supportive team
🎨 Monthly Stipends for Learning & Development, Health & Wellness, and Family/Kids/Pets
🏖 Four weeks of flexible paid vacation per year (need a bit more for religious or country holidays--no problem!)
🏡 12 paid holidays per year
👶 Parental leave - 12 weeks fully paid with an additional optional 4 weeks unpaid
🌈 Company retreats for teammates to get to know one another in person (recent locations pre-Covid include New Orleans, San Antonio, and Wickenburg)!
Respondent is an equal opportunity employer
We understand it takes a diverse team of highly intelligent, passionate, curious, and creative people to solve the challenges involved in Respondent's long term success. Our dynamic team members have incredible perspectives to share, just as we know you do, and we take great pride in being an equal opportunity workplace and encourage candidates from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.