Junior SDET (Remote)
At Respondent, our mission is to Make Research Inclusive. We believe inclusive research leads to inclusive product design. Our goal is to make it quick and easy to schedule business professionals for research interviews. We want to be the destination B2B research platform that all B2B companies rely on to get a competitive edge.
B2B companies such as IBM, Stripe, Atlassian, Microsoft, and many more choose to leverage Respondent to conduct their research interviews. We are a small (but quickly growing), fully remote tech startup. Working as a distributed team allows us to hire the best talent regardless of location.
We look forward to learning more about you and how you might fit into our thriving community of initiative-takers and diverse thinkers.
Are you excited to enhance your Software Engineering and Testing skill sets? Are passionate about upstream technical testing while developing tools, automation, and capacity engineering to raise the quality bars? If the answers are “yes!” you’ll do this while advancing your technical capabilities and knowledge at Respondent.
We are looking for a very hands-on engineer passionate for testing that can get work done and work with our current Senior SDET. You'll co-own the testing suites within our product and maintain everything testing related within our company.
What you'll do
- Set up automated tests for our most critical systems
- Update our onboarding repo to make it easier for new hires to onboard
- Set up (regression) test cases to streamline our manual QA process
- Maintain our test environments
- Integrate our test suites into the CI/CD pipeline
- Help our team members test by creating tools that help them with this
Who you are
- An engineer with skills in JS, developing and supporting production environments
- Testing skills in JS/Jest, Angular or Vue
- Experienced with Node.js/typescript applications - most of our stack!
- An excellent communicator! the ability to navigate technical concepts and collaborate effectively with fellow engineers and less technical colleagues
- A passion for taking ownership of your work and building a world class product!
- A high level of curiosity and excitement for testing/QA
- Knowledge of how to set up and maintain Docker environments.
- Previous experience working at a start-up as a developer or test engineer
We are looking for someone who matches our level of joy for the work we do, brings something new to the team, and elevates our game. Our core values are very important to us and we hope they resonate with you, too. You can read more about them here!
Working at Respondent is a unique experience. You will be part of a remote, diverse team. We care deeply about creating a cohesive, tight-knit culture that gets results. That’s why we offer our employees the following:
🌎 Work remotely from anywhere in a continental U.S., Canadian, or LATAM Time Zone (we are not able to accommodate continuous travel e.g. digital nomadism, remote year, etc.)
💻 A full office set up, including a MacBook Pro, desk, second screen, ergonomic chair, and wireless mouse & keyboard
⛑ Health insurance for U.S based employees with premiums covered at 99% for individuals and 50% for dependents (non U.S. employees receive a healthcare stipend)
🧤 Short term disability covered at 100% for all U.S based employees
👀 Dental and vision insurance offered at group rates to lower the cost for U.S. based employees
🏖 Four weeks of flexible paid vacation per year (need a bit more for religious or country holidays--no problem!)
🏡 12 paid holidays per year
📈 Stock options
📊 401k (no matching) - only available to U.S. based employees
👶 Parental leave - 12 weeks fully paid with an additional optional 4 weeks unpaid
🌈 Company retreats for teammates to get to know one another in person (recent locations pre-Covid include New Orleans, San Antonio, and Wickenburg)!
Respondent is an equal opportunity employer
We understand it takes a diverse team of highly intelligent, passionate, curious, and creative people to solve the challenges involved in Respondent's long term success. Our dynamic team members have incredible perspectives to share, just as we know you do, and we take great pride in being an equal opportunity workplace and encourage candidates from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.