Product Marketing Manager (Remote)
Product Marketing /
At Respondent, our mission is to Make Research Inclusive. We believe inclusive research leads to inclusive product design. Our goal is to make it quick and easy to schedule business professionals for research interviews. We want to be the destination B2B research platform that all B2B companies rely on to get a competitive edge.
We are a product lead company which means we focus on the product as the primary driver of growth. We think of our existing users as the advertising engine of our company and gateway to new users. We don't have a sales team at Respondent so marketing plays a big role in acquiring and retaining new customers.
What you'll do
- Create and manage product marketing strategy: Own and create the product marketing strategy and roadmap that breaks down key milestones needed to hit our goals.
- Partner with product to hit key milestones: Work closely with our Product Manager to understand the product strategy and product roadmap.
- Product Pricing: As the product marketer, you’ll also have to contribute to the discussion of product pricing. This includes building a freemium cohort of users that can convert to paying customers.
- Team communication: Make sure the entire team is prepped and ready to go before a product launch. This usually means everything from making sure the website is ready to go live to making sure the support team is ready to field calls and chats.
- Product and feature launches: Manage internal launches — what goes on within our company upon product and feature launch and external launch — what goes on outside of our company, with customers and audience members, upon product launch.
- Marketing Team: As the first marketer, you will also help prioritize what hires we need to make to round out the marketing function at Respondent. You will work with our product and design team to decide on who else we need to bring into the marketing team to hit our goals.
Who you are
- You're a passionate about solving for the customer: You have deep empathy for customer pain are passionate about solving this pain.
- You're an excellent communicator!: You’ll need to know how to work with and align these teams and be able lead each group toward the same goals.
- You are technical In order to lead cross functionally, you need the technical skills to effectively communicate and plan projects with design and product teams.
- You have amazing writing skills: You’ll need to be able to communicate the benefits of complex features and updates and make them easy for customers to get started with. Adoption and demand for a product rely heavily on great writing.
- You thrive in ambiguity: Being able to navigate an unstructured environment is a must in order to find and act on opportunities to improve the customer’s experience.
- You're a creative problem solver: You’ll need creative and analytical skills to connect data points from a number of sources and come up with out-of-the-box solutions that customers need and respond to.
Working at Respondent is a unique experience. You will be part of a remote, diverse team. We care deeply about creating a cohesive, tight-knit culture that gets results. That’s why we offer our employees the following:
🌎 Work remotely from anywhere in a continental U.S., Australia, Canadian, or LATAM Time Zone (we are not able to accommodate continuous travel e.g. digital nomadism, remote year, etc.)
💻 A full office set up, including a MacBook Pro, desk, second screen, ergonomic chair, and wireless mouse & keyboard
⛑ Health insurance for U.S based employees with premiums covered at 99% for individuals and 50% for dependents (non U.S. employees receive a healthcare stipend)
🧤 Short term disability covered at 100% for all U.S based employees
👀 Dental and vision insurance offered at group rates to lower the cost for U.S. based employees
🎨 Monthly Stipends for Learning & Development, Health & Wellness, and Family/Kids/Pets
🏖 Four weeks of flexible paid vacation per year (need a bit more for religious or country holidays--no problem!)
🏡 12 paid holidays per year
📈 Stock options
📊 401k (no matching) - only available to U.S. based employees
👶 Parental leave - 12 weeks fully paid with an additional optional 4 weeks unpaid
🌈 Company retreats for teammates to get to know one another in person (recent locations pre-Covid include New Orleans, San Antonio, and Wickenburg)!
Respondent is an equal opportunity employer
We understand it takes a diverse team of highly intelligent, passionate, curious, and creative people to solve the challenges involved in Respondent's long term success. Our dynamic team members have incredible perspectives to share, just as we know you do, and we take great pride in being an equal opportunity workplace and encourage candidates from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.