Senior Engineer, Full Stack (Remote)
Vancouver, BC /
At Respondent, we believe in-depth research interviews are the oxygen for intelligent innovation. Our marketplace empowers entire organizations by connecting researchers with verified business professionals so they can conduct the kind of research interviews that yield invaluable results. With these new insights, high-quality decision making is scaled across our customer’s organization and innovation flourishes.
B2B companies like IBM, Oracle, Atlassian, Twilio, Microsoft, and many more choose to leverage Respondent to conduct their research interviews and make smarter business decisions.
We are a small (but quickly growing), fully remote tech startup. Working as a distributed team allows us to hire the best talent regardless of location. We look forward to learning more about you and how you might fit into our thriving community of initiative-takers and diverse thinkers.
What you'll do
- Build scalable backend and frontend applications to support the growing needs of the business
- Work with both SQL and NoSQL databases and caching technologies like Redis
- Scale our infrastructure and introduce technologies like Docker
- Build complex matching algorithms
- Manage projects and collaborate with key stakeholders
- Improve and scale our front and backend applications
- Take full ownership and responsibility for building, shipping, and maintaining core fe
Who you are
- A seasoned senior engineer with deep experience developing and supporting production environments
- Production experience with Docker (AWS/Azure/Google Cloud)
- Very experienced with Node.js/typescript applications - most of our stack
- Very experienced with Vue.js and angularjs
- Excellent technical communication skills, the ability to navigate complex technical concepts and collaborate effectively with fellow engineers
- A passion for taking ownership of your work and building a world class product
- An excitement for full stack development across multiple technologies and support of your code
- A high level of intellectual curiosity and a talent for troubleshooting bugs anywhere in the stack
- Experience with Graph Databases (We use Neo4j)
- Experience with Elastic search
- Experience with Natural Language Processing, Machine Learning
- Experience with managed infrastructure in AWS (Or any cloud provider)
We are looking for someone who matches our level of joy for the work we do, brings something new to the team, and elevates our game. Our core values are very important to us and we hope they resonate with you, too. You can read more about them here!
Working at Respondent is a unique experience. You will be part of a remote, diverse team. We care deeply about creating a cohesive, tight-knit culture that gets results. That’s why we offer our employees the following:
- Work remotely from anywhere in a continental U.S. Time Zone (we are not able to accommodate continuous travel e.g. digital nomadism, remote year, etc.)
- A full office set up, including a MacBook Pro, desk, second screen, ergonomic chair, and wireless mouse & keyboard
- Health insurance for U.S based employees with premiums covered at 99% for individuals and 50% for dependents (non U.S. employees receive a healthcare stipend)
- Short term disability covered at 100% for all U.S based employees
- Dental and vision insurance offered at group rates to lower the cost for U.S based employees
- Four weeks of flexible paid vacation per year (need a bit more for religious or country holidays--no problem!)
- 12 paid holidays per year
- Stock options
- 401k (no matching) Only U.S based employees can participate
- Company retreats for teammates to get to know one another in person (recent locations include New Orleans, San Antonio, and Wickenburg)!
Respondent is an equal opportunity employer
We understand it takes a diverse team of highly intelligent, passionate, curious, and creative people to solve the challenges involved in Respondent's long term success. Our dynamic team members have incredible perspectives to share, just as we know you do, and we take great pride in being an equal opportunity workplace and encourage candidates from under represented backgrounds to apply.