Head of Growth (Remote)
Columbus, OH /
At Respondent, we believe in-depth research interviews are the oxygen for intelligent innovation. Our marketplace empowers entire organizations by connecting researchers with verified business professionals so they can conduct the kind of research interviews that yield invaluable results. With these new insights, high-quality decision making is scaled across our customer’s organization and innovation flourishes.
B2B companies like IBM, Oracle, Atlassian, Twilio, Microsoft, and many more choose to leverage Respondent to conduct their research interviews and make smarter business decisions.
We are a small (but quickly growing), fully remote tech startup. Working as a distributed team allows us to hire the best talent regardless of location. We look forward to learning more about you and how you might fit into our thriving community of initiative-takers and diverse thinkers.
What you'll do
- Own revenue and ensure we double it this year
- Set the direction for growth at Respondent
- Audit what we are currently doing and create a strategy and roadmap with immediate priorities of what needs to happen
- Refine strategy, roadmap, and execution of growth experiments
- Focus on Product Led Growth (PLG) & distribution - bolster all areas of our flywheel: retention, conversion, expansion, retention, referrals
- Collaborate with the product team to optimize our product; always pushing for change that is needed to increase revenue
- Have a deep understanding of our product (previous experience as a product manager encouraged)
- Use data and unit economics to make all decisions (highly analytical approach)
- Oversee all parts of the Customer Facing Team
- Work cross-collaboratively with engineering, product, and the rest of the company
- Report directly to our CEO and sit on the leadership team
Who you are
- Deep product knowledge: you have both product management and product marketing experience
- Highly analytical problem solver--you love numbers!
- Bias towards action: you are downright impatient for results
- You see the future of where you want to go and make decisions to get us there
- You are able to do both strategy and execution in tandem. As a growing technology startup you will be required to do both all the time
- Incredible communicator to both technical and non-technical people: able to explain a technical idea to someone non-technical and vice versa
- Comfortable with tools similar to Mixpanel, Mode Analytics, Github
- Able to have a bird’s eye view of the business and your department and put it and your team above yourself
- You are self aware and emotionally intelligent
We are looking for someone who matches our level of joy for the work we do, brings something new to the team, and elevates our game. Our core values are very important to us and we hope they resonate with you, too. You can read more about them here!
Working at Respondent is a unique experience. You will be part of a remote, diverse team. We care deeply about creating a cohesive, tight-knit culture that gets results. That’s why we offer our employees the following:
- Work remotely from anywhere in a continental U.S. Time Zone (we are not able to accommodate continuous travel e.g. digital nomadism, remote year, etc.)
- A full office set up, including a MacBook Pro, desk, second screen, ergonomic chair, and wireless mouse & keyboard
- Health insurance for U.S based employees with premiums covered at 99% for individuals and 50% for dependents (non U.S. employees receive a healthcare stipend)
- Short term disability covered at 100% for all U.S based employees
- Dental and vision insurance offered at group rates to lower the cost for U.S based employees
- Four weeks of flexible paid vacation per year (need a bit more for religious or country holidays--no problem!)
- 12 paid holidays per year
- Stock options
- 401k (no matching) Only U.S based employees can participate
- Company retreats for teammates to get to know one another in person (recent locations include New Orleans, San Antonio, and Wickenburg)!
Respondent is an equal opportunity employer
We understand it takes a diverse team of highly intelligent, passionate, curious, and creative people to solve the challenges involved in Respondent's long term success. Our dynamic team members have incredible perspectives to share, just as we know you do, and we take great pride in being an equal opportunity workplace and encourage candidates from under represented backgrounds to apply.