Product Manager (Remote)
Pacific Time Zone /
Customer insights are critical to building successful products and services. However, finding and interviewing the right people to uncover those insights is a time-consuming, expensive process that often results in researcher frustration.
Respondent is building a new category marketplace that connects researchers with high-quality participants. By reducing research timelines from 4-6 weeks to days and shrinking costs by 90%+, we make business-changing insights available to researchers of all types -- from in-house research teams at IBM and Microsoft to startup founders hunting for product-market fit.
What you'll do
- You will own a big part of our marketplace
- You will drive and execute the product roadmap and will be responsible for driving 2021 priorities forward to achieve the strategic goals and initiatives
- You will partner with our Product Manager Lead, and work closely with our designers and engineers to execute our 2021 product roadmap aligned with customer needs and the company's mission
- You will be the liaison between product, engineering, and stakeholders across the company, maintaining clear, regular communication to ensure smooth handoffs and feature releases.
- You will work across the product and collect data needed to make various decisions. You have a scrappy, quick method for collecting data and making decisions with imperfect information.
- You will be responsible for defining the release process and coordinating all of the activities required to launch and take products to market
- You will translate validated features into product requirements to empower engineering to effectively scope, build, and deliver value to our customers
- You will discuss technical implementation details with engineers and make trade-offs to strike a balance between meeting the customer needs and hitting deadlines and company goals
Who you are
- You have experience working as a PM in SaaS products and marketplaces challenges... this is not your first rodeo!
- You are entrepreneurial-minded with a bias toward action and a willingness to take ownership
- You are constantly testing to prove hypotheses right or wrong. You embrace failure and do what it takes to reach the best outcome possible while also mitigating business-threatening risks.
- You are able to switch between tactical to strategic work with ease. You are energized by working on many different things at once and you are not afraid of occasional chaos.
- You operate as a business owner and think about the company holistically when making decisions
- You understand how to work in an agile environment and know what it takes to iterate quickly. You recognize this is crucial to the success of the business.
- In order to catch mistakes, fill gaps and build a product that resonates with the users, you know you have to be surrounded by people with different identities, backgrounds and experiences different from your own. You know that homogeneity is the “kryptonite” to a product team.
- Most product people build the products they want for themselves. Ergo, the same kind of products get built. You’re someone who understands your own biases and works to overcome them.
- You can make sense of data (writing queries for data analysis is a plus!)
Working at Respondent is a unique experience. You will be part of a remote, diverse team. We care deeply about creating a cohesive, tight-knit culture that gets results. That’s why we offer our employees the following:
💰Competitive salary & Stock options
🧑💻 A dynamic remote-first work culture with full autonomy to create and experiment!
👩⚕️High-quality medical care
💻 A full office set up, including a MacBook Pro, desk, second screen, ergonomic chair, and wireless mouse & keyboard.
🤓 A structured remote onboarding process and continuous training with a supportive team.
🎨 Monthly Stipends for Learning & Development, Health & Wellness, and Family/Kids/Pets
🏖 Four weeks of flexible paid vacation per year (need a bit more for religious or country holidays--no problem!)
🏡 12 paid holidays per year
👶 Parental leave - 12 weeks fully paid with an additional optional 4 weeks unpaid
🌈 Company retreats for teammates to get to know one another in person (recent locations pre-Covid include New Orleans, San Antonio, and Wickenburg)!
Respondent is an equal opportunity employer
We understand it takes a diverse team of highly intelligent, passionate, curious, and creative people to solve the challenges involved in Respondent's long term success. Our dynamic team members have incredible perspectives to share, just as we know you do, and we take great pride in being an equal opportunity workplace and encourage candidates from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.