Product Manager (Remote)
At Respondent, our mission is to Make Research Inclusive. Our marketplace empowers entire organizations by connecting researchers with verified business professionals so they can conduct the kind of research interviews that yield invaluable results. With these new insights, high-quality decision making is scaled across our customer’s organization and innovation flourishes.
B2B companies like IBM, Stripe, Atlassian, Twilio, Microsoft, and many more choose to leverage Respondent to conduct their research interviews and make smarter business decisions.
We are a small (but quickly growing), fully remote tech startup. Working as a distributed team allows us to hire the best talent regardless of location. We look forward to learning more about you and how you might fit into our thriving community of initiative-takers and diverse thinkers.
What you'll do
- You will report to the CEO, and work closely with designers and engineers to execute our 2020 product roadmap aligned with customer needs and the company's mission
- As a product manager, you will help drive product KPIs like conversion and time to value which feed directly into hitting revenue targets. We are a product-led growth company which means the product is responsible for driving revenue growth
- You will work closely with engineering to develop the product using an agile methodology
- You will acquire a deep understanding of Respondent’s vision, mission, and company goals
- You will drive and execute the product roadmap and will be responsible for driving 2020 priorities forward to achieve the strategic goals and initiatives
- You will be responsible for defining the release process and coordinating all of the activities required to launch and take products to market
- You will translate validated features into product requirements to empower engineering to effectively scope, build, and deliver value to our customers
- You will discuss technical implementation details with engineers and make trade-offs to strike a balance between meeting the customer needs and hitting deadlines and company goals
- You will work across the product and collect data needed to make various decisions. You have a scrappy, quick method for collecting data and make decisions with imperfect information
- You will be the liaison between product, engineering, and stakeholders across the company, maintaining clear, regular communication to ensure smooth handoffs and feature releases. You know that with every design decision you make, there is potential to include or exclude customers
Who you are
- You have past experience working in a high-quality product-led growth environment
- You are entrepreneurial-minded with a bias toward action and a willingness to take ownership
- Most product people build the products they want for themselves. Ergo, the same kind of products get built. You’re someone who understands your own biases and works to overcome them.
- You operate as a business owner and think about the company holistically when making decisions
- In order to catch mistakes, fill gaps and build a product that resonates with the users, you know you have to be surrounded by people with different identities, backgrounds and experiences different from your own. You know that homogeneity is the “kryptonite” to a product team.
- You understand how to work in an agile environment and know what it takes to iterate quickly. You recognize this is crucial to the success of the business
- You can make sense of data and write queries for data analysis
- You are constantly testing to prove hypotheses right or wrong. You embrace failure and do what it takes to reach the best outcome possible while also mitigating business-threatening risks
- You are well aligned with Respondent’s company values and understand what these values mean in a real working environment
- You understand the importance of accessibility: inclusion is a design opportunity, and an essential part of the design process is ensuring we’re designing for more people than just ourselves.
- You are able to switch between tactical to strategic work with ease. You are energized by working on many different things at once and you are not afraid of occasional chaos
- Understand the perspective and role of each function in the business and evaluate competing interests in light of top-line business objectives
We are looking for someone who matches our level of joy for the work we do, brings something new to the team, and elevates our game. Our core values are very important to us and we hope they resonate with you, too. You can read more about them here!
Working at Respondent is a unique experience. You will be part of a remote, diverse team. We care deeply about creating a cohesive, tight-knit culture that gets results. That’s why we offer our employees the following:
- Work remotely from anywhere in a continental U.S. Time Zone (we are not able to accommodate continuous travel e.g. digital nomadism, remote year, etc.)
- A full office set up, including a MacBook Pro, desk, second screen, ergonomic chair, and wireless mouse & keyboard
- Health insurance for U.S based employees with premiums covered at 99% for individuals and 50% for dependents (non U.S. employees receive a healthcare stipend)
- Short term disability covered at 100% for all U.S based employees
- Dental and vision insurance offered at group rates to lower the cost for U.S based employees
- Four weeks of flexible paid vacation per year (need a bit more for religious or country holidays--no problem!)
- 12 paid holidays per year
- Stock options
- 401k (no matching) Only U.S based employees can participate
- Parental leave - 12 weeks fully paid with an additional optional 4 weeks unpaid
- Company retreats for teammates to get to know one another in person (recent locations include New Orleans, San Antonio, and Wickenburg)!
Respondent is an equal opportunity employer
We understand it takes a diverse team of highly intelligent, passionate, curious, and creative people to solve the challenges involved in Respondent's long term success. Our dynamic team members have incredible perspectives to share, just as we know you do, and we take great pride in being an equal opportunity workplace and encourage candidates from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.