Engineer, Mid-Level Full Stack (Remote)
At Respondent, our mission is to Make Research Inclusive. We believe inclusive research leads to inclusive product design. Our goal is to make it quick and easy to schedule business professionals for research interviews. We want to be the destination B2B research platform that all B2B companies rely on to get a competitive edge.
B2B companies such as IBM, Stripe, Atlassian, Microsoft, and many more choose to leverage Respondent to conduct their research interviews. We are a small (but quickly growing), fully remote tech startup. Working as a distributed team allows us to hire the best talent regardless of location.
We look forward to learning more about you and how you might fit into our thriving community of initiative-takers and diverse thinkers.
What you'll do
- Build scalable backend and frontend applications to support the growing needs of the business
- Work with both SQL and NoSQL databases and caching technologies like Redis
- Scale our infrastructure and introduce technologies like DockerBuild matching algorithms
- Manage projects and collaborate with key stakeholders
- Improve and scale our front and backend applications
- Collaborate to build, ship, and maintain core features, end to end
Who you are
- An engineer with experience developing and supporting production environments
- Production experience with Docker (AWS/Azure/Google Cloud)
- Experienced with Node.js/typescript applications - most of our stack
- Experienced with Vue.js or angularjs
- Excellent technical communication skills, the ability to navigate technical concepts and collaborate effectively with fellow engineers and less technical colleagues
- A passion for taking ownership of your work and building a world class product
- An excitement for full stack development across multiple technologies and support of your code
- A high level of intellectual curiosity and a talent for troubleshooting bugs anywhere in the stack
- Experience with Elastic search
- Experience with Natural Language Processing
- Experience with managed infrastructure in AWS (Or any other cloud provider)
We are looking for someone who matches our level of joy for the work we do, brings something new to the team, and elevates our game. Our core values are very important to us and we hope they resonate with you, too. You can read more about them here!
Working at Respondent is a unique experience. You will be part of a remote, diverse team. We care deeply about creating a cohesive, tight-knit culture that gets results. That’s why we offer our employees the following:
🌎 Work remotely from anywhere in a continental U.S., Canadian, or LATAM Time Zone (we are not able to accommodate continuous travel e.g. digital nomadism, remote year, etc.)
💻 A full office set up, including a MacBook Pro, desk, second screen, ergonomic chair, and wireless mouse & keyboard
⛑ Health insurance for U.S based employees with premiums covered at 99% for individuals and 50% for dependents (non U.S. employees receive a healthcare stipend)
🧤 Short term disability covered at 100% for all U.S based employees
👀 Dental and vision insurance offered at group rates to lower the cost for U.S. based employees
🏖 Four weeks of flexible paid vacation per year (need a bit more for religious or country holidays--no problem!)
🏡 12 paid holidays per year
📈 Stock options
📊 401k (no matching) - only available to U.S. based employees
👶 Parental leave - 12 weeks fully paid with an additional optional 4 weeks unpaid
🌈 Company retreats for teammates to get to know one another in person (recent locations pre-Covid include New Orleans, San Antonio, and Wickenburg)!
Respondent is an equal opportunity employer
We understand it takes a diverse team of highly intelligent, passionate, curious, and creative people to solve the challenges involved in Respondent's long term success. Our dynamic team members have incredible perspectives to share, just as we know you do, and we take great pride in being an equal opportunity workplace and encourage candidates from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.