Remote, Based US or Canada /
Customer insights are critical to building successful products and services. However, finding and interviewing the right people to uncover those insights is a time-consuming, expensive process that often results in researcher frustration.
Respondent is building a new category marketplace that connects researchers with high-quality participants. By reducing research timelines from 4-6 weeks to days and shrinking costs by 90%+, we make business-changing insights available to researchers of all types -- from in-house research teams at Airbnb and Microsoft to startup founders hunting for product-market fit.
Our mission at Respondent is to make research inclusive: anyone, anywhere should be able to find, interview, and gain precious insights from perfectly curated participants provided by Respondent.
To do this, we believe in building inclusive, diverse, innovative teams who are passionate about product, culture, and customers.
We encourage you to apply, even if you do not meet the exact criteria: we are looking for great people, not an exact skillset.
Who you are
- You are a community and cultural-minded engineer, always looking to support and grow your teammates. You believe that diversity of opinions and backgrounds is strength, and our differences lead to unmatched innovation and creativity.
- You are an engaged, collaborative and customer-minded individual. You work across boundaries and are able to communicate technical concepts and trade-offs with partners and teammates of all levels of technical knowledge. You flag risk and offer alternatives.
- You have experience in (or are interested in learning) Docker, Kubernetes, AWS, configuration management tools (e.g. Puppet), and Node.js (our main language)
- You may have experience in python, ruby, java.
- You have experience managing & scaling production environments, including debugging, deploying, and monitoring.
What you will do
- Build and maintain the foundations for and security of our application engineering teams, including access & permission management.
- Partner with senior engineering team to define and apply standard methodologies and best practices.
- Own, maintain, and improve the end-to-end CI/CD pipeline.
- Manage projects and collaborate closely with key stakeholders.
- Create migration (and risk mitigation) plans; build and test changes, particularly using a proof of concept approach.
- Collaborate with engineering on test coverage and monitoring to ensure high-confidence, quality releases.
- Track, monitor and report on infrastructure and engineering service costs
- Build and maintain data pipelines to support our data-driven culture.
- Partner with and mentor apps teams to manage the containerization and deployment of their services.
Please note this is a senior-level position and candidates with 5+ years experience will be given priority.
We believe people do their best work when they are healthy and happy.
🌟 Purpose: Be part of a team that is building a new category marketplace that will change how we conduct research forever
🌏 Work anywhere, live your life: Join us anywhere in the world as part of a fully distributed team. No commuting! We give you the freedom and flexibility to work when you want, and where you want!
💎 Transparent and inclusive: Work in an environment with high trust, transparency, and autonomy
🚀 Growth opportunities: You're joining at a great time and if you can keep up, you will have the opportunity to grow at the same rate as the company. We will do everything humanly in supporting you to get there.
👩⚕️High-quality medical care
💰Competitive salary & Stock options
🤓 A structured remote onboarding process and continuous training with a supportive team
🎨 Monthly Stipends for Learning & Development, Health & Wellness, and Family/Kids/Pets
🌱Professional development days: grow your skill set and advance your career.
🏖 Four weeks of flexible paid vacation per year (need a bit more for religious or country holidays--no problem!)
🏡 12 paid holidays per year
👶 Parental leave - 12 weeks fully paid with an additional optional 4 weeks unpaid
🌈 Company retreats for teammates to get to know one another in person (recent locations pre-Covid include New Orleans, San Antonio, and Wickenburg)!