Fullstack Software Engineer
Remote, Based US or Canada /
Customer insights are critical to building successful products and services. However, finding and interviewing the right people to uncover those insights is a time-consuming, expensive process that often results in researcher frustration.
Respondent is building a new category marketplace that connects researchers with high-quality participants. By reducing research timelines from 4-6 weeks to days and shrinking costs by 90%+, we make business-changing insights available to researchers of all types -- from in-house research teams at Airbnb and Microsoft to startup founders hunting for product-market fit.
Our mission at Respondent is to make research inclusive: anyone, anywhere should be able to find, interview, and gain precious insights from perfectly curated participants provided by Respondent.
To do this, we believe in building inclusive, diverse, innovative teams who are passionate about product, culture, and customers.
We encourage you to apply, even if you do not meet the exact criteria: we are looking for great people, not an exact skillset.
Who you are
- You are a community and cultural-minded engineer, always looking to support and grow your teammates. You believe that diversity of opinions and backgrounds is strength, and our differences lead to unmatched innovation and creativity.
- You are an engaged, collaborative and customer-minded individual. You work across boundaries and are able to communicate technical concepts and trade-offs with partners and teammates of all levels of technical knowledge. You flag risk and offer alternatives.
- You have experience in (or are interested in learning) JS, vue.js, and node.js – this is most of our stack.
- You may have experience in Typescript, Angular, Python, C#, Java.
- You have experience managing production environments, including debugging, deploying, and monitoring.
What you will do
- Build interactive and engaging user experiences for our Researchers and Participants that minimize friction and maximizes delight.
- Design and build scalable frontend and backend applications to support the growing needs of the business, working in a variety of languages and technologies.
- Own product releases from end-to-end.
- Manage projects and collaborate closely with key stakeholders.
- Build and test features.
- Add automation, unit + integration test coverage, and monitoring to ensure high-confidence, quality releases.
- Build and maintain data pipelines to support our data-driven culture.
- Manage the containerization and deployment of the frontend experiences and supporting systems.
- Experience with both SQL and NoSQL databases and caching technologies like Redis.
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with AWS (S3, ECS, Cloudwatch, and so many more)
We believe people do their best work when they are healthy and happy.
🌟 Purpose: Be part of a team that is building a new category marketplace that will change how we conduct research forever
🌏 Work anywhere, live your life: Join us anywhere in the world as part of a fully distributed team. No commuting! We give you the freedom and flexibility to work when you want, and where you want!
💎 Transparent and inclusive: Work in an environment with high trust, transparency, and autonomy
🚀 Growth opportunities: You're joining at a great time and if you can keep up, you will have the opportunity to grow at the same rate as the company. We will do everything humanly in supporting you to get there.
👩⚕️High-quality medical care
💰Competitive salary & Stock options
🤓 A structured remote onboarding process and continuous training with a supportive team
🎨 Monthly Stipends for Learning & Development, Health & Wellness, and Family/Kids/Pets
🌱Professional development days: grow your skill set and advance your career.
🏖 Four weeks of flexible paid vacation per year (need a bit more for religious or country holidays--no problem!)
🏡 12 paid holidays per year
👶 Parental leave - 12 weeks fully paid with an additional optional 4 weeks unpaid
🌈 Company retreats for teammates to get to know one another in person (recent locations pre-Covid include New Orleans, San Antonio, and Wickenburg)!