Senior Software Development Engineer in Test (Remote)
Vancouver, BC /
At Respondent, we believe in-depth research interviews are the oxygen for intelligent innovation. Our marketplace empowers entire organizations by connecting researchers with verified business professionals so they can conduct the kind of research interviews that yield invaluable results. With these new insights, high-quality decision making is scaled across our customer’s organization and innovation flourishes.
B2B companies like IBM, Oracle, Atlassian, Twilio, Microsoft, and many more choose to leverage Respondent to conduct their research interviews and make smarter business decisions.
We are a small (but quickly growing), fully remote tech startup. Working as a distributed team allows us to hire the best talent regardless of location. We look forward to learning more about you and how you might fit into our thriving community of initiative-takers and diverse thinkers.
What you'll do
- Design and implement a distributed test-harness
- Creating test plans and automated tests.
- Ensuring that automated tests are integrated and execute reliably in our CI/CD environments
- Analyzing and reporting on test results
- Investigating customer-impacting issues, filing bugs and driving the issues to resolution.
Who you are
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong ability to collaborate and work across teams and disciplines
- Strong software design and test methodology knowledge and abilities
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in written forms
- Ability to understand and analyze complex problems and break them into small solvable pieces
- Ability and strong desire to learn new languages, frameworks, tools, and platforms quickly
- Experience in a software QA role (5+ years)
- Experience in software feature and integration testing (5+ years)
- Experience developing robust test automation (4+ years)
- Experience testing REST APIs (3+ years)
- Experience testing cloud-hosted services (1+ years)
- Experience developing integrated tests between components and across domains
- Experience with nodejs, typescript, angular and vue
- Experience developing automated tests using or executing on Kubernetes, Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Docker containers
- Experience utilizing AWS SQS, S3, MongoDB, Neo4j, Kubernetes, Kafka
We are looking for someone who matches our level of joy for the work we do, brings something new to the team, and elevates our game. Our core values are very important to us and we hope they resonate with you, too. You can read more about them here!
Working at Respondent is a unique experience. You will be part of a remote, diverse team. We care deeply about creating a cohesive, tight-knit culture that gets results. That’s why we offer our employees the following:
- Work remotely from anywhere in a continental U.S. Time Zone (we are not able to accommodate continuous travel e.g. digital nomadism, remote year, etc.)
- A full office set up, including a MacBook Pro, desk, second screen, ergonomic chair, and wireless mouse & keyboard
- Health insurance for U.S based employees with premiums covered at 99% for individuals and 50% for dependents (non U.S. employees receive a healthcare stipend)
- Short term disability covered at 100% for all U.S based employees
- Dental and vision insurance offered at group rates to lower the cost for U.S based employees
- Four weeks of flexible paid vacation per year (need a bit more for religious or country holidays--no problem!)
- 12 paid holidays per year
- Stock options
- 401k (no matching) Only U.S based employees can participate
- Company retreats for teammates to get to know one another in person (recent locations include New Orleans, San Antonio, and Wickenburg)!
Respondent is an equal opportunity employer
We understand it takes a diverse team of highly intelligent, passionate, curious, and creative people to solve the challenges involved in Respondent's long term success. Our dynamic team members have incredible perspectives to share, just as we know you do, and we take great pride in being an equal opportunity workplace and encourage candidates from under represented backgrounds to apply.