Head of Analytics
United States, Canada, Australia /
Customer insights are critical to building successful products and services. However, finding and interviewing the right people to uncover those insights is a time-consuming, expensive process that often results in researcher frustration.
Respondent is building a new category marketplace that connects researchers with high-quality participants. By reducing research timelines from 4-6 weeks to days and shrinking costs by 90%+, we make business-changing insights available to researchers of all types -- from in-house research teams at Airbnb and Microsoft to startup founders hunting for product-market fit.
We look forward to learning more about you and how you might fit into our thriving community of initiative-takers and diverse thinkers.
We are looking for someone to help scale Respondent by empowering it with data, reporting, and analytical insight. You will be hands-on, yet capable of building a team at Respondent. This means you’ll have the scope to define the practices and processes for the future and play a key role in growing the function.
We embrace an evidence-based culture here at Respondent – your work will directly influence strategic decisions, such as how we target researchers and participants and prioritise the product roadmap. At the same time, we understand that not all observations are statistically significant, and time will be spent on research and analysis that doesn’t always result in groundbreaking insights.
The collaboration will be key in this position, as you will work closely with all areas of the business to:
What you'll do:
- Provide insights on researchers and participants' behaviour to drive improvements in customer experience, growth, and retention.
- Optimise conversion funnels through analysis and experimentation of growth channels.
- Influence product roadmap prioritisation with insights gathered from exploratory analysis.
- Act as an authority on analytics at Respondent, advising other teams on how they can leverage data for their advantage.
- Build and maintain data pipelines and tools to allow the business to self-serve where possible.
- Own business performance reporting and dashboards, creating intuitive visualisations and automating where possible.
- Conduct ad hoc requests for analysis, such as input into board papers.
Who you are:
- We are looking for a superstar individual with breadth and depth of experience – someone who can drive the function, while getting their hands dirty. We aren’t looking for a yes-person – you won’t have the time to do everything, so prioritising your workload and focusing on the highest impact initiatives will be an important part of your role.
- Expertise in SQL and proficiency in another data programming language (Python, R, etc.)
- Excellent understanding and experience of applying appropriate statistical techniques experience in designing and analysing experiments that drive product decisions.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication with the ability to craft raw data and analysis into well-written and persuasive content for non-technical audiences.
- Ability to create easily understood visualisations that tell a story.
- Expertise in data manipulation and preparation.
- Passion for using data to improve our researcher and participant experience.
Who you'll work with
- Grant Lubowski, Chief of Staff who drives cross-functional alignment & special projects.
- Brandon Bidlack, Head of Marketing is growing our researcher and participant base.
- Jack Pratten is our CEO and Co-Founder.
We believe people do their best work when they are healthy and happy.
🌟 Purpose: Be part of a team that is building a new category marketplace that will change how we conduct research forever
🌏 Work anywhere, live your life: Join us anywhere in the world as part of a fully distributed team. No commuting! We give you the freedom and flexibility to work when you want, and where you want!
💎 Transparent and inclusive: Work in an environment with high trust, transparency, and autonomy
🚀 Growth opportunities: You're joining at a great time and if you can keep up, you will have the opportunity to grow at the same rate as the company. We will do everything humanly in supporting you to get there.
👩⚕️High-quality medical care
💰Competitive salary & Stock options
🤓 A structured remote onboarding process and continuous training with a supportive team
🎨 Monthly Stipends for Learning & Development, Health & Wellness, and Family/Kids/Pets
🏖 Four weeks of flexible paid vacation per year (need a bit more for religious or country holidays--no problem!)
🏡 12 paid holidays per year
👶 Parental leave - 12 weeks fully paid with an additional optional 4 weeks unpaid
🌈 Company retreats for teammates to get to know one another in person (recent locations pre-Covid include New Orleans, San Antonio, and Wickenburg)!
Respondent is an equal opportunity employer
We understand it takes a diverse team of highly intelligent, passionate, curious, and creative people to solve the challenges involved in Respondent's long term success. Our dynamic team members have incredible perspectives to share, just as we know you do, and we take great pride in being an equal opportunity workplace and encourage candidates from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.