Principal Software Engineer
Irvine, CA /
Engineering – Development /
Restaurant365 is a young SaaS company disrupting the restaurant industry! Our cloud-based platform provides a unique, centralized solution for accounting and back-office operations for restaurants. Restaurant365’s culture is focused on empowering team members to produce top-notch results while elevating their skills. We’re constantly evolving and improving to make sure we are and always will be “Best in Class” ... and we want that for you too!
In 2019 Restaurant365 closed $88 million in Series C funding, bringing the total minority investment by Bessemer Venture Partners, ICONIQ Capital, and Tiger Global Management to $140 million, to support the company's vision of providing the best technology to the restaurant industry. As recently as June of 2021, Restaurant365 announced the acquisition of Compeat, a well-known provider of restaurant back office, workforce, and business intelligence software. Adding Compeat’s feature-rich products advances Restaurant365 further on the journey toward our goal of providing restaurant operators with a powerful tool that simplifies their lives and increases their profits. Serent Capital was added to our investor list as a result of this transaction.
Our diverse portfolio of clients includes well-known nationwide franchises as well as your favorite local spot. From fine dining to fast-casual…R365 does it all!
*Please note, this position can be based in Irvine, CA, Austin, TX, or remote
The Principal Software Engineer will be directly responsible for analyzing, designing, developing, and testing software applications for features, modules, software enhancements and new products, using specifications and prototypes based on competitive market analysis, customer requirements, and business functionality. Excellent candidates will be responsible for leading development effort for multiple teams with new feature development and other product enhancements while staying aligned with the Product and Architect Teams to ensure all-around product quality.
How you'll add value:
- Prepares, validates, improves, and reengineers functions / processes
- Drives change and improvements within a group
- Balances conflicting business and technical requirements and establishes partnerships with customers.
- Expert in a given domain and/or technology
- Produces well thought-out architecture with scale, performance, security, and availability considerations
- Capable of doing full stack in multiple technologies
- Develop high quality code adhering to the best coding practices as laid down by the company
- Work closely with the architecture team and help translate existing requirements into robust, scalable software applications
- Implement regular code review
- Ensure release management processes are followed
- Be a mentor on best practices, provide implementation oversight and guidance to ensure consistency and quality of design
- Analyze and document existing systems, review pre-existing code and provide recommendations to improve performance and maintainability
- Keep abreast of latest trends to help provide recommendations on new technologies and processes that can help improve the organization
- Understand the Product Teams expectations and manage them with the Development Team
- Work closely with team leaders to ensure structured and coordinated planning of your team’s development
- Be the support system of the Architecture Team, capable of understanding and contributing to the technical solution from design to implementation
- Ensure compliance to established design patterns
- Know when to escalate a critical decisions
- Other duties as assigned
What you'll need to be successful in this role:
- BS/MS in Computer Science or 2+ years of equivalent experience
- In addition to 9+ years in an engineering position creating code-based solutions and tools
- Expert in C#
- Expert with SQL databases
- Expert with enterprise software
- Expert with cloud computing and/or mobile applications
- Expert in working with APIs
- Expert in distributed version-control systems i.e. Git
- Expert in troubleshooting and diagnosing issues
- Expert in Agile development concepts
- Experience with client-side frameworks and technologies i.e. React, Angular and Bootstrap
- Occasional travel required
R365 Team Member Benefits & Perks
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive medical benefits
- R365 pays 100% of the premium for medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees
- 401k + matching
- Team member stock options
- Flexible PTO + Company holidays
- Wellness initiatives
- Philanthropy events
Why join our amazing team?
- We're a community that prides itself in creating innovative solutions and producing quality work
- Our product is the secret ingredient that makes a real difference to restaurants nationwide
- The open-concept work environment that we've created is causal, collaborative, and cultivates communication
R365 was founded by an experienced team of software & finance veterans committed to developing an all-inclusive back-office solution. We help restaurants thrive! R365 is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we encourage all forward-thinkers who embrace change and possess a positive attitude to apply.