Sr UX Writer (Contract)
Product – Design
Are you excited about user-focused writing, content strategy and building products people love? If so, then come join our growing team at RetailMeNot. This is an exciting time to be part of the RetailMeNot community as we continue to build our design and writing culture and re-envision how we deliver experiences that connect millions of customers to savings they love – making life more affordable.
As a Senior UX Writer, you will partner with our product teams and marketing to create cohesive narratives across multiple channels and touch points, evolve our voice and tone, and develop our writing standards. In this role, you will use empathy and customer data to inform your content choices and advocate for the user.
This is a contract opportunity located in Austin, TX.
If this sounds like an interesting opportunity to you, please continue reading...
Who You Are:
- You have 5 years minimum working with content for web or mobile experiences
- You have a Bachelor or Master Degree in English, Journalism, Technical Writing, UX, HCI or equivalent practical experience
- You are an excellent communicator, writer, and storyteller
- You have knowledge of online technology and related products, including web and mobile UI and tools
- You have an excellent portfolio showcasing your user-centered writing samples and style guides
- You are a dedicated, life-long learner
- You are a forward-thinking writer, problem-solver and storyteller who can successfully plan and write content for web and mobile interfaces, including interaction flows and transactional emails, as well as apply consistent standards and improve the overall quality of our work.
- You love both high-level strategy and hands-on writing and understand the user-centered product development process.
- You are also fun to collaborate with and seek to understand other people's diverse perspectives.
What You'll Do:
- Work in iterative processes, including agile and lean methodologies
- Plan, write, edit, test and improve content including interface language and writing style guides
- Share and promote thought leadership on best-practices in UX writing and content strategy
- Inspire and influence others by leading by example
- Invest in building relationships and trust with your peers
- Identify gaps and opportunities and take initiative to bring about positive change
- Expertly communicate how your writing and content strategy supports user needs and business objectives
- Give and solicit constructive feedback from your peers and cross-disciplinary partners
- Partner with design leadership to strengthen the writing culture and surface opportunities for growth and improvement
- Ship products
Who We Are:
- We value diverse perspectives and believe this translates into stronger products and a better workplace
- We have an open, casual, fun and upbeat environment where you are given a lot of responsibility and the freedom to make a huge impact
- We have lots of intelligent people to work with and learn from
- We have a great open vacation policy
- We'll provide you with food, food and more food
- We believe in giving prizes, bonuses and recognition for doing what you love
We offer an opportunity to be an integral part of a company that eagerly pursues disruption in its space to continue to drive innovation and lead the competition. Benefits of being an employee of RetailMeNot, Inc. include, but are not limited to the following:
- Competitive base & bonus packages; salary negotiable
- Long Term Incentive Plan
- Performance based rewards & recognition for your hard work and service
- Very competitive benefits packages, including best-in-class parental leave
- Open & flexible PTO
- Cell phone & gym membership reimbursements
- Fully stocked break room & onsite catered breakfasts & lunches multiple days/week
*Some rewards do not apply to contract workers or interns.
RetailMeNot, Inc. is a leading savings destination bringing people and the things they love
together through savings with retailers, brands, restaurants and pharmacies. RetailMeNot
makes everyday life more affordable through online and in-store coupon codes, cash back
offers, and the RetailMeNot Genie browser extension. Savings are also provided in consumers’
mailboxes through the RetailMeNot Everyday™ direct mail package, and at the pharmacy with
RxSaver by RetailMeNot.
RetailMeNot is a Vericast business. To learn more, visit http://www.retailmenot.com/corp or
follow @RetailMeNot on social media.
U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Information
At RetailMeNot we celebrate difference. We are committed to ensuring an environment of mutual respect for every employee and proud to be an an equal employment opportunity employer who does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We believe a diverse and inclusive workplace is central to our success and actively seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse pool of candidates. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us align with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.