Junior BA Analyst
London, United Kingdom
Business Analytics – Business Analytics
We are seeking an individual with experience and a desire to work with big data, to join VoucherCodes’ Business Analytics Team as a Junior Business Intelligence Analyst. A strong desire to learn and develop your skills, both in a team and independently, along with demonstrating ability in problem solving will be crucial to your success. The role will be reporting to the Lead Business Intelligence Analyst.
VoucherCodes’ Business Analytics team has a mission to further fuel our success, by providing analysis, insight and data-led ideas for the most important initiatives for the business. We’ve got treasure troves of data, which we are constantly expanding, from granular web-analytics to site and app tracking to user data that we interrogate to provide insight and drive improvements in marketing, consumer analysis and product optimization. To push the boundaries further, we are searching for great people, passionate and curious about data and analysis, to join our London based team.
We are seeking an individual with a love for big data, a desire to further their knowledge of advanced statistical and quantitative analytical techniques and an innate curiosity for how things work, to join the Business Analytics Team at VoucherCodes as a Junior Business Intelligence Analyst.
Responsibilities & Projects
- Developing an excellent understanding of our bespoke reporting software, and how our databases function together
- Improving our current analytical, reporting and ETL processes and developing new processes
- Consulting with each team in the company – from sales to product to marketing - to discuss reporting and data gathering requirements
- Collecting data, cleaning, transforming, compiling, and producing high quality reports and deriving insights
- Developing analysis to aid in identifying monetisation opportunities based on key drivers
- Solving complex problems
- Identify underlying areas of concern when issues are identified in dashboard metrics
- Effectively prioritising requests in accordance with corporate goals
Required qualification and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in management information systems, mathematics, statistics, finance or other quantitative discipline
- Experience involving data extraction from huge data sets using SQL
- Experience in delivering complex reporting and analysis from multiple data sources
- Must be able to demonstrate Intellectual and analytical curiosity
- Must be able to explain their work to non-technical/analytical stakeholders
Desirable skills & Experience
- Experience using data visualization and reporting tools such as Tableau
- Strong Excel skills, familiar with advanced concepts
- Familiar with and can demonstrate examples of building ETL processes
- Experience in collecting requirements from business stakeholders and translating that into actions for data gathering and reporting
- The ability to learn independently and proactively
- Strong work ethic and ability to see complex projects completed through to completion
- Experience in an online business unit or at a consumer internet company
- Experience in using Vertica systems
- Experience in using Redshift systems
VoucherCodes is the UK’s largest digital coupon marketplace, helping millions of consumers shop with the brands they love, for less.
VoucherCodes works with over 5,000 of the UK’s favourite retailers and restaurants, so no matter what consumers are looking for we’re sure to have a great deal to help save them money. VoucherCodes’s website, email newsletter and mobile shopping app make it safe and simple for its 7.7 million registered members to save money, whether they’re shopping online, in-store or through their mobiles.
VoucherCodes is a RetailMeNot, Inc. company.
RetailMeNot, Inc. (http://www.retailmenot.com/corp/) is a leading digital savings destination connecting consumers with retailers, restaurants and brands, both online and in-store. The company enables consumers across the globe to find hundreds of thousands of digital offers to save money while they shop or dine out.