San Francisco /
WHY WE'RE LOOKING FOR YOU
Retool is growing quickly, and our finances are getting substantially more complicated. We’re excited to hire the first ever Accounting Manager to help build, and bring more rigor, to our accounting processes. Today these responsibilities (accounting, AR, AP, etc.) are handled by a few separate people, but we’re looking to consolidate it all into one person—you!
WHAT YOU'LL DO
As the first hire in this role you’ll help us build rigorous and sustainable accounting practices, and a world class accounting team. With your past accounting experience at SaaS companies you’ll help us plan and perform monthly and quarterly close activities, including balance sheet reconciliations, variance analyses and analytical reviews. You’ll also take on our accounts payable and receivable operations. You'll own financial reporting, automation, and advise on accounting implications. We will need your help to implement Netsuite, and a billing platform.
Retool is still small and we’re looking for someone who is excited to wear many hats and jump in wherever is needed. This means each day will be a little different and we’ll look to you to juggle a variety of projects and responsibilities.
WHO YOU'LL WORK WITH
You’ll work closely with Retool’s CEO and Head of Operations. You will also work cross-functionally across all teams at Retool to report on our financials and and help us implement strong accounting processes.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU'LL:
- Ensure compliance with company accounting policies, and the application of generally acceptable accounting principles
- Handle accounts payable and receivable operations
- Be a self starter and help hire a great team
- Participate in the monthly, quarterly, and year-end close process
- Prepare monthly journal entries: accruals, prepayments, allocated expenses, and adjusting entries
- Reconcile and review general ledger accounts on a monthly basis including fixed assets, investments and other assets & liabilities
- Engage in various system and reporting enhancements projects
- Review daily transactions of invoices for accuracy and coding
- Implement Netsuite, a billing platform, expense tools, and any other systems to help with our financial reporting
THE SKILLSET YOU'LL BRING:
- 5+ years of relevant public accounting and/or industry experience
- B.A. or B.S degree in Accounting or Finance (CPA strongly preferred)
- Fluency in U.S. GAAP, and ability to research complex accounting issues
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, both written and verbal
- Strong knowledge of Excel and experience working with large data
- Demonstrated experience partnering with cross-functional stakeholders
- Experience with internal controls (design, implementation, and execution)
- A solution-oriented mindset with enthusiasm for establishing best practices
- Nice to have: SQL experience and previously worked in a high growth environment
Retool is a Y Combinator-graduate backed by Sequoia Capital, as well as the founders of Github, Gusto, PagerDuty, Segment, and Stripe. Located in the heart of Hayes Valley, San Francisco, we build tools that delight our customers, empower businesses to run more effectively, and keep engineering teams happy.
Interested in what we're doing? We'd love to hear from you!