Demand Generation Manager
WHY WE'RE LOOKING FOR YOU
Retool has grown its revenue 5x over the last year and we’re on target to have another banner year, but we won’t get there without a keen focus on demand generation. Currently, all of Retool's inbound traffic is from word-of-mouth. It’s fortunate that we’ve gotten this far without any demand generation strategies, but ultimately, we need to take control of our growth and understand what levers we can pull in order to further accelerate it.
We’re ready to bring in a seasoned, proven demand generation leader that can build and execute a demand generation strategy to fuel Retool’s growth this year and beyond.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
In this role, you'll wear multiple hats and leverage multiple resources, ultimately to drive top of funnel signups for Retool. You’ll leverage your B2B SaaS experience to define a strategy and execute on it--this may mean rolling up your sleeves, partnering with agencies, or hiring alongside you.
You’ll partner with our head of growth, who has been managing demand gen to date, to get a sense of what we’ve tried and what’s worked, and more importantly, what hasn’t. You’ll take the reins to develop new strategies, channels, and methods to drive more and more signups on our marketing site, ultimately contributing to Retool’s growth.
WHO YOU'LL WORK WITH
You’ll partner initially with our CEO, CTO, and head of growth to define our strategy, and then you’ll run with it. Demand generation touches most functions at Retool and you’ll have plenty of peers looking to help and contribute.
More generally, we’re a hard-working, passionate bunch who are motivated by collaboration, strong results, and bringing the impact of Retool to our customers. When we’re in the office, we enjoy eating lunch (and occasionally dinner!) together, and we’ve been known to be a little sarcastic. But at the root of it all, we come together to show our customers and not-quite-yet customers how Retool can make them and their companies more efficient and successful.
If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL
- GeneratE new ideas for top-of-funnel demand generation (e.g. investing in community-building, attending conferences, SEO, SEM, content marketing, etc.)
- Evaluate these new ideas, and come up with the best ways of testing each (e.g. creating a list of 20 keywords we could rank for, and ranking the importance of each; coming up with a list of content-marketing topics, etc.)
- Execute and implement each strategy (e.g. attending a conference, ensuring we rank for a few keywords, etc.)
- Measure and iterate on each strategy (e.g. if SEO for a few keywords is working — what’s the next step?)
THE SKILLSET YOU BRING
- Experienced, ideally having worked at, and successfully generated demand at a B2B company before
- Ideally: are semi-technical, and have experience marketing to developers
- Open to experimentation and uncertainty: since we haven’t tried much marketing yet, there is significant uncertainty and experimentation that needs to be done
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated track record of generating demand