Demand Generation Manager
Retool is a fast way of building internal software. Our goal is to make it easier for engineers to build custom, internal software. Software has transformed industries, but it's expensive to plan, build, and maintain. And that's a shame, because it's so useful! Our goal is to make this large class of software faster, cheaper, and more enjoyable to build. Because then we'll have a lot more of it, and that's a good thing.
We're based in San Francisco. Culturally, we're tightly knit, and enjoy spending time together. If we weren't working at Retool, there's a good chance many of us would be friends anyways. We enjoy spending time with others who are fun to be around, have some sense of humor, and can reason, debate, and make decisions without bitterness.
We're profitable and growing quickly. Our investors include Sequoia Capital, Y Combinator, as well as the founders of Github, Gusto, PagerDuty, Segment and Stripe.
We are looking for an experienced B2B demand generation marketer to start our marketing team. In this role, you'll wear multiple hats and leverage multiple resources, ultimately to drive top of funnel signups for Retool.
Currently, all of Retool's inbound traffic is from word-of-mouth. It’s fortunate that we’ve gotten this far without any demand generation strategies, but ultimately, we need to take control of our growth and understand what levers we can pull in order to further accelerate it.
Your day to day responsibilities will include
- Generating new ideas for top-of-funnel demand generation (e.g. investing in community-building, attending conferences, SEO, SEM, content marketing, etc.)
- Evaluate these new ideas, and come up with the best ways of testing each (e.g. creating a list of 20 keywords we could rank for, and ranking the importance of each; coming up with a list of content-marketing topics, etc.)
- Actually executing and implementing each strategy (e.g. attending a conference, ensuring we rank for a few keywords, etc.)
- Measuring and iterating on each strategy (e.g. if SEO for a few keywords is working — what’s the next step?)
We're looking for someone that is
- Experienced, ideally having worked at, and successfully generated demand at a B2B company before
- Ideally: are semi-technical, and have experience marketing to developers
- Open to experimentation and uncertainty: since we haven’t tried much marketing yet, there is significant uncertainty and experimentation that needs to be done
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated track record of generating demand