San Francisco /
WHY WE'RE LOOKING FOR YOU
In the last year, we’ve grown our customer base over 5x and continued to enhance our product. With a growing base of customers and users, we have more questions, feedback, and tickets coming in than ever before. As we continue to grow, we’ll need to add more seasoned and customer-centric support engineers to our team to support our customers’ questions and needs, from helping them connect data sources to tackling complex technical challenges. You’ll be on the front lines empowering our users to build better internal tools quickly and with less friction.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
Working in Support at Retool, you’ll communicate with customers over chat, email, our community forum, and video calls. You’ll help answer their product questions, as well as teach them best practices to help them get maximum business value from Retool.
We prioritize excellent support as part of our customer experience, so your primary responsibility will be to make sure our users get the help they need to use Retool effectively. Once an issue arrises for a customer, it’s key that we follow through to make sure they are successful.
Retool is a broad technical product, so ideally you are a generalist engineer and enjoy learning new technologies. On a typical day, you might help someone debug a database connection, add a new page to our documentation, track & prioritize feature requests, record GIFs demonstrating new Retool features, or join an impromptu screen-share to help a customer build a Retool app.
WHO YOU'LL WORK WITH
You’ll work alongside support engineers and software engineers to diagnose, troubleshoot, and solve customer problems. We’re a small team today, but we’ll continue to grow as our customers do too!
You’ll be joining a broader team of Retools who are passionate about serving our customers, enjoy collaborating to build an incredibly innovative product, and partake in some occasional-but-well-intentioned sarcasm. If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!
IN THIS ROLE, YOU'LL:
- Talk to your customers every day via chat, email, forum, and video
- Teach Retool users best practices
- Troubleshoot new bugs and formalize bug reports
- Contribute to our documentation
- Help users debug issues with many different database types and APIs
- Analyze and improve our support operations--there's always new Retools to build!
- Uphold and improve our first-response time
- Help us track support metrics and share findings you identify
THE SKILLSET YOU'LL BRING:
- 1-2 years of experience providing technical support
- A broad technical background and enjoy learning new technologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to think on your feet and come up with creative solutions to non-obvious problems
- Empathy for customer challenges and enjoy problem solving
- Bonus points if you know React and can fix minor bugs in our codebase
Retool is a fast way of building internal tools through our low-code drag-and-drop platform. We were founded in 2017 and graduated from YC the same year. Our Series A was led by Sequoia and we're backed by Daniel Gross (whose company is right upstairs from us!), John and Patrick Collison of Stripe, and Elad Gil, among others.