San Francisco /
WHY WE'RE LOOKING FOR YOU
In the last year we’ve grown our customer base over 5x and continued to enhance our product. As a result we have more customer questions, feedback, and tickets coming in than ever before. As we continue to grow, we’re adding more customer-centric support engineers to help our customers build the systems and tools they need to run their business.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
Working in Support at Retool you’ll communicate with customers of all sizes over many channels including chat, Slack, our community forum, and video calls. You’ll help answer their more difficult product questions, troubleshoot connecting to many kinds of databases or APIs, and brainstorm app structure and best practices. Often this will mean researching new topics and reporting back to the customer on the best approach to achieve their goals.
WHO YOU'LL WORK WITH
You’ll work with support engineers and software engineers to diagnose, troubleshoot, and solve customer problems. You’ll also help train new Retoolers on supporting our users. Support is a small team today, but rapidly expanding to match our customer growth.
You’ll be joining a broader team of Retoolers who are passionate about serving our customers, enjoy collaborating to build an incredibly innovative product, and partake in some occasional-but-well-intentioned sarcasm. If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!
IN THIS ROLE, YOU'LL:
- Talk to your customers every day via chat, email, forum, and video
- Teach Retool users best practices
- Troubleshoot new bugs and formalize bug reports
- Contribute to our documentation
- Help users debug issues with many different database types and APIs
- Analyze and improve our support operations--there's always new Retools to build!
- Uphold and improve our first-response time
- Help us track support metrics and share findings you identify
THE SKILLSET YOU'LL BRING:
- 2-4 years of experience providing support for a technical product
- A broad technical background and enjoy learning new technologies
- Experience supporting a SQL or NoSQL database management system
- Ability to communicate effectively through writing and in-person
- Ability to think on your feet and come up with creative solutions to non-obvious problems
- Ability to empathize with customer challenges and enjoy problem solving
- Bonus points if you know React and can fix minor bugs in our codebase
Retool is a fast way of building internal tools through our low-code drag-and-drop platform. We were founded in 2017 and graduated from YC the same year. Our Series A was led by Sequoia and we're backed by Daniel Gross (whose company is right upstairs from us!), John and Patrick Collison of Stripe, and Elad Gil, among others.