Associate Sales Engineer
San Francisco /
WHY WE'RE LOOKING FOR YOU
In the last year we’ve grown our sales team by 5x, and we’ll need to continue expanding our team to meet our 2021 sales goals. Associate Sales Engineers at Retool drive the technical top-of-funnel stage of the overall sales process. You will be the first point of contact for engaging our prospective Mid-Market and Enterprise customers and responsible for clear articulation of Retool’s technical and product value prop.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
You will be responsible for generating qualified pipeline from inbound trial sign-ups. You will lead high-level discovery calls, debug customer issues, and conduct light-weight build sessions. Many of our prospective customers have technical questions, so you’ll need to become an expert on the product and be comfortable learning new technical concepts quickly. You’ll also contribute to the enablement of the sales team as a whole by building out demo apps for our AE’s, working on Retool’s own internal tooling, and giving presentations on strategies and best practices around our sales process.
WHO YOU'LL WORK WITH
As a member of the sales team, you’ll work with our Account Executive, Sales Engineering, Customer Engineering, and Marketing teams to help prospective customers be successful with Retool and drive new business.
Retools are customer focused, and you’ll be joining an organization that genuinely enjoys collaborating to build an incredibly innovative product.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU'LL:
- Develop creative messaging strategies to best reach our new users
- Generate sales pipeline by scheduling meetings with Mid-Market and Enterprise prospective customers
- Become a subject matter expert in Retool and answer technical questions about the platform
- Achieve daily, weekly, and quarterly metrics
- Be diligent around Salesforce hygiene so you, and other Retool teams, can use that data to analyze and report on the state of the funnel
- Relay product and user feedback to inform Marketing, Product, and Engineering teams
- Collaborate with other teams at Retool to best understand the factors that contribute to a successful user experience
THE SKILLSET YOU'LL BRING:
- You’re an effective communicator, both in your writing and speech
- You have a technical aptitude, and a hunger to always be learning new technologies
- You love testing, tracking, and iterating on your process
- You thrive in a fast-growing and ever changing environment
- You’re self-directed and able to maintain your own schedule and workload
- You’re coachable, and open to giving and taking constructive feedback
Retool is the fast way of building internal tools through our low-code drag-and-drop developer platform. We were founded in 2017 and graduated from YC the same year.
Our platform has saved engineers hundreds of thousands of hours building internal tools, and we’ve also saved millions of hours for the sales, marketing, support, operations, legal, and finance teams who spend hours every day on those internal applications.
We recently raised a $50M Series B led by Sequoia, and we are backed by the founders of Github, Gusto, PagerDuty, Plaid, Segment, Stripe, and Y Combinator.