San Francisco /
WHY WE'RE LOOKING FOR YOU
Our sales team has grown a lot this year and we’ll need to keep growing the team to keep up with our aggressive goals. As a technical SDR, you’ll be engaging with our prospective Mid-Market and Enterprise customers in creative ways, and you’ll be the first sales and technical point of contact for all our prospective customers.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
You’ll be responsible for creating meetings so our sales team and customer engineers can help our customers be successful with Retool. Many of our prospective Enterprise customers ask us technical questions, so you’ll need to know the Retool product inside and out and be comfortable learning new technical concepts quickly. Retool is moving quickly so you’ll need to be ambitious, eager to learn, and calm under pressure.
WHO YOU'LL WORK WITH
You’ll work with the sales team to identify messaging that resonates with our engineering audience, and you’ll work with our sales engineering team to become Retool product experts, so that you can answer technical questions from our prospective customers.
You’ll be joining a broader team of Retools who are passionate about serving our customers, enjoy collaborating to build an incredibly innovative product, and partake in some occasional-but-well-intentioned sarcasm. If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!
IN THIS ROLE, YOU'LL:
- Become a subject matter expert in the Retool product and be able to answer any technical questions about Retool
- Research our inbound leads and send them creative, value-added messaging that will directly contribute to Retool’s bottomline
- Achieve daily, weekly, and quarterly metrics
- Create sales pipeline by building and testing outbound strategies
- Be diligent around Salesforce hygiene so you, and other Retool teams, can use that data to analyze and report on the state of the funnel
- Develop both technical and sales skills
THE SKILLSET YOU'LL BRING:
- A background that demonstrates technical aptitude (a CS degree, dev bootcamp, or a side project that demonstrates you can are excited about and can learn technical skills quickly)
- Open to feedback, adopt changes, and learn very quickly
- A love for testing, tracking, and iterating on your process
- Ability to thrive in ambiguity and work autonomously
- Genuine curiosity
- Excitement about pursuing a career in sales!
Retool is the fast way of building internal tools through our low-code drag-and-drop platform. We were founded in 2017 and graduated from YC the same year. Our Series A was led by Sequoia and we're backed by Daniel Gross ), John and Patrick Collison of Stripe, and Elad Gil, among others.