San Francisco /
WHY WE'RE LOOKING FOR YOU
Our sales engineering team is critical to Retool: it drives most of our future growth, primarily by working closely with potential customers, and ensuring they are successful with Retool. You will completely own the sales relationship end-to-end, from initial discovery to ultimately closing deals.
A large part of the sales process is technical, ensuring potential customers are successful and happy building internal apps atop of Retool. Building successful relationships with our customers (most of whom are engineers) is a key component of this role and you’ll leverage your engineering background to dive in.
Our revenue and business goals this year are aggressive, and we need someone like you to help us lead the charge to help turn prospects into happy Retool customers.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
Your work will span a lot of different responsibilities every day. You’ll create and deliver demos for prospects, build apps within Retool with them, answer technical questions, and manage the entire sales cycle from start to finish.
You’ll partner with our CEO and CTO as needed, particularly for our enterprise deals, but we’ll look to you to lead the relationship and negotiation aspects of your deals. You’ll also help build new processes and programs to help our sales team meet and exceed quota.
WHO YOU'LL WORK WITH
You’ll join our team of sales engineers (who are engineers themselves!), other account executives, and our SDR team. You’ll dive into sales forecasting meetings, partner with our CEO and CTO to close banner deals, and work cross-functionally with Marketing and Engineering.
You’ll be joining a broader team of Retools who are passionate about serving our customers, enjoy collaborating to build an incredibly innovative product, and partake in some occasional-but-well-intentioned sarcasm. If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!
IN THIS ROLE YOU'LL
- Own the entire sales cycle, from end to end (starting a trial => closing the deal)
- Talk with potential customers, understand their problems, and assess whether or not Retool is a good fit
- Identify relevant stakeholders, budgets, timelines, etc. and manage the entire sales process
- Demo the Retool product, answer questions about Retool, ultimately convincing them Retool is the correct solution
- Create technical content to demonstrate best practices (e.g. sample apps, documentation, videos, etc.)
- Suss out the blockers for a customer in adopting Retool, and overcome them
- Dive into our codebase to fix technical limitations in Retool that need solving via code (e.g. a bug, a missing feature, etc.) to close a deal
- Serve as the primary, ongoing technical point of contact for our users
- Answer technical support questions from our customers as they come up
- Schedule and attend weekly check-ins with our largest customers
- An enthusiastic, strong, technical generalist
- A background in computer science or related field
- 3+ years of software engineering experience in a professional experience, ideally a startup
- Strong knowledge of SQL, various no-SQL databases, APIs, etc.
- Comfort contributing to Retool’s codebase (React / Node)
- Previous experience talking with customers and solving their problems
- Able to think on your feet, and solve problems during calls with technical customers