San Francisco /
WHY WE'RE LOOKING FOR YOU
Our goal is to make Retool the way developers build all internal applications. To get there, we have to work closely with developers. We’re fortunate to have this growing community of developers and customers that are passionate about Retool, and we’re excited to grow, deepen, and nurture that community. We need someone to lead the charge!
WHAT YOU'LL DO
As a developer advocate, you’ll spread adoption of Retool by developing content (sample apps, video tutorials, documentation, etc.), and building communities (establishing meetups, attending developer conferences to give talks, etc.). You’ll leverage your past experience giving talks at conferences, writing blog posts, and understanding developer communities to lead the charge in developing (hah) our communities.
We’ll look to you to help us understand the intersection between developer evangelism, education, and advocacy and help define the function at Retool. You’ll set the agenda when it comes to events and content, but will work with other internal stakeholders to get a sense of what might complement our roadmap this year and beyond.
WHO YOU'LL WORK WITH
You'll be joining an engineering-driven company and you'll have a lot of opportunity to overlap with end-users of Retool internally: our engineers! You'll also connect with our engineers, CEO, and head of marketing to build a strategy that will help drive Retool and our communities forward.
On a broader note, we’re a hard-working, passionate bunch who are motivated by collaboration, strong results, and bringing the impact of Retool to our customers. When we’re in the office, we enjoy eating lunch (and occasionally dinner!) together, and swapping stories. But at the root of it all, we come together to show our customers and not-quite-yet customers how Retool can make them and their companies more efficient and successful. If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL
- Generate new ideas on how to spread Retool adoption amongst developers
- Rank those ideas, and execute on them
- Champion Retool (both in person and online) by presenting at conferences, writing technical tutorials, and publishing content (blog posts, tutorials, videos, etc.)
- Build inspiring demos, and sample applications atop of Retool, and present them to the world
- Gather insights about our products from the developer community, and feed them back to our product and engineering teams
THE SKILLSET YOU'LL BRING
- Have experience with, and enjoy engaging with developers (at conferences, online, etc.)
- Have stellar written and oral communication skills, especially in public
- Are confident and comfortable presenting to different types of audiences
- Are a strong full-stack developer yourself