Retool is a fast way of building internal software. Our goal is to make it easier for engineers to build custom, internal software. Software has transformed industries, but it's expensive to plan, build, and maintain. And that's a shame, because it's so useful! Our goal is to make this large class of software faster, cheaper, and more enjoyable to build. Because then we'll have a lot more of it, and that's a good thing.
We're based in San Francisco. Culturally, we're tightly knit, and enjoy spending time together. If we weren't working at Retool, there's a good chance many of us would be friends anyways. We enjoy spending time with others who are fun to be around, have some sense of humor, and can reason, debate, and make decisions without bitterness.
We're profitable and growing quickly. Our investors include Sequoia Capital, Y Combinator, as well as the founders of Github, Gusto, PagerDuty, Segment and Stripe.
Our goal is to make Retool the way developers build all internal applications. To get there, we have to work closely with developers — both to spread adoption of Retool, and to gather their feedback.
As a developer advocate, you’ll spread adoption of Retool by both by developing content (sample apps, video tutorials, documentation, etc.), as well as building communities (establishing meetups, attending developer conferences to give talks, etc.). Ideally, you have experience giving talks at conferences, have previously written blog posts, and deeply understand developer communities.
If you’re passionate about connecting with developers, telling stories, trying out new frameworks, and sharing your learnings with the world, please reach out!
Your day to day responsibilities will include:
- Generating new ideas on how to spread Retool adoption amongst developers
- Ranking those ideas, and executing on them
- Champion Retool (both in person and online) by presenting at conferences, writing technical tutorials, and publishing content (blog posts, tutorials, videos, etc.)
- Build inspiring demos, and sample applications atop of Retool, and present them to the world
- Gather insights about our products from the developer community, and feed them back to our product + eng teams
- Have experience with, and enjoy engaging with developers (at conferences, online, etc.)
- Have stellar written + oral communication skills, especially in public
- Are confident and comfortable presenting to different types of audiences
- Are a strong full-stack developer yourself