Enterprise Account Executive
San Francisco /
WHY WE'RE LOOKING FOR YOU
In the last year we’ve grown our revenue 5x and built a small, but mighty, sales team. We’ve learned a lot, built some processes, and added many wonderful customers to the Retool community. Now we’re building scalable sales processes and adding Enterprise Account Executives to help our prospects and customers build internal tools quickly, and with less friction.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
We’re not slowing down and to help us reach our goals you’ll own a portion of Retool’s largest-by-revenue segment: enterprise. You and our Sales Development team will build your pipeline and you’ll collaborate with our deep bench of Sales Engineers to win six and seven figure deals.
You’re comfortable running point on key deals, managing a book of business, and building a playbook for future team members. You’re adept at listening to, and engaging with, engineers—our buyers—and you have the know-how to navigate technical discussions and decisions. You’ll bring best practices, deep sales acumen, and a drive to close big deals quickly.
WHO YOU'LL WORK WITH
You’ll work with our team of Customer Engineers (who are engineers themselves!), other Account Executives, and our SDR team. You’ll dive into sales forecasting meetings, partner with our Head of Sales, CEO, and CTO to close banner deals, and work cross-functionally with Marketing and Engineering.
You’ll be joining a broader team of Retools who are passionate about serving our customers, enjoy collaborating to build an incredibly innovative product, and partake in some occasional-but-well-intentioned sarcasm. If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!
IN THIS ROLE, YOU'LL:
- Identify and qualify leads and develop them into high-value opportunities
- Build relationships and establish communications at the highest executive levels in your accounts to understand their needs and priorities, and to speed up and simplify the deal process
- Own the closing process, including negotiations and procurement activities
- Keep Salesforce up to date with customer information, forecasts, and pipeline data so we can learn more about our business and our sales process
- Develop and execute a strategic plan to meet monthly, quarterly and annual revenue objectives
- Work with technical stakeholders and executives to identify opportunities for Retool to accelerate Engineering within their org
- Partner with sales engineers and the executive team to create relationships within all levels of key accounts
- Collaborate with Engineering to identify and deploy new features to continuously increase the value of Retool
THE SKILLSET YOU'LL BRING:
- Experience hitting quota of $1M+ of ARR per year
- A track record of success in driving consistent activity, pipeline development and quota achievement.
- 8+ years of sales experience preferred with an emphasis on developer tools, cloud infrastructure, databases, and/or business intelligence
- A solution-based approach to selling and the ability to manage a complex sales process.
- Excellent presentation and listening skills, organization and contact management capabilities.
- A hands-on approach to learning technical concepts and leading technical discussions with stakeholders of all levels
Retool is the fast way of building internal tools through our low-code drag-and-drop platform. We were founded in 2017 and graduated from YC the same year. Our Series A was led by Sequoia and we're backed by Daniel Gross ), John and Patrick Collison of Stripe, and Elad Gil, among others.