Enterprise Account Executive
San Francisco /
WHY WE'RE LOOKING FOR YOU
In the last year, we’ve grown our revenue 5x and built a small but mighty sales team. We’ve learned a lot, built some processes, and added many wonderful customers to the Retool community. However, we know we’ll need to build repeatable, scalable sales processes and manage(and win!) multiple enterprise sales cycles concurrently in order to reach our revenue targets. As we continue to grow our sales team, it’ll be vital that we add seasoned enterprise account executives to our team in order to help our prospects and customers alike build internal tools quickly and with less friction.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
We have another year of aggressive growth targets and to help us get there, you’ll own a portion of Retool’s largest-by-revenue segment: enterprise. While you’ll have some support from sales development reps, you’ll outbound and build some of your own pipeline, qualify, and ultimately close-win a full desk of deals.
You’re comfortable building a playbook for other team members yet to join while excelling at managing a full book of business. You’re adept at listening to and engaging with engineers—our buyers—and have the technical know-how to navigate technical discussions and decisions. You’ll bring best practices, deep sales acumen, and a drive to close big deals quickly.
WHO YOU'LL WORK WITH
You’ll work with our team of sales engineers (who are engineers themselves!), other account executives, and our SDR team. You’ll dive into sales forecasting meetings, partner with our CEO and CTO to close banner deals, and work cross-functionally with Marketing and Engineering.
You’ll be joining a broader team of Retools who are passionate about serving our customers, enjoy collaborating to build an incredibly innovative product, and partake in some occasional-but-well-intentioned sarcasm. If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!
IN THIS ROLE, YOU'LL:
- Identify and qualify leads and develop them into high-value opportunities
- Build relationships and establish communications at the highest executive levels in your accounts to understand their needs and priorities, and to speed and simplify the deal process
- Own the closing process, including negotiations and procurement activities
- Own the sales process from end to end including pipeline creation, qualification, POCs, and negotiation/procurement activities
- Keep Salesforce up to date with customer information, forecasts, and pipeline data so we can learn more about our business and our sales process
- Develop and execute a strategic plan to meet monthly, quarterly and annual revenue objectives
- Work with technical stakeholders and executives to identify opportunities for Retool to accelerate Engineering within their org
- Partner with sales engineers and the executive team to create relationships within all levels of key accounts
- Work with the engineering department to help move the product up-market.
THE SKILLSET YOU'LL BRING:
- Experience hitting quota of $1M+ of ARR per year and experience on averaging 8+ face to face meetings per week.
- 8+ years of sales experience preferred with an emphasis on developer tools
- A track record of success in driving consistent activity, pipeline development and quota achievement.
- Familiar with solution-based approach to selling, have experience managing a complex sales process and possess excellent presentation and listening skills, organization and contact management capabilities.
- A hands-on approach to learning technical concepts and leading technical discussions with stakeholders of all levels
Retool is a fast way of building internal tools through our low-code drag-and-drop platform. We were founded in 2017 and graduated from YC the same year. Our Series A was led by Sequoia and we're backed by Daniel Gross (whose company is right upstairs from us!), John and Patrick Collison of Stripe, and Elad Gil, among others.