Sales Development Manager
San Francisco /
WHY WE'RE LOOKING FOR YOU
Over the past year we’ve grown our revenue 5x and built a small, but mighty, sales team. We’ve learned a lot, built some processes, and added many wonderful customers to the Retool community. Now we’re scaling our sales teams to take our growth to the next level. Our sales development team is newly formed and ready to learn from a best-in-class sales leader. We’re doing a lot of things well (and the business is growing quickly), but we know we can drive even better results with the right coaching, people development, and career pathing in place.
WHO YOU'LL WORK WITH
You’ll be working with Sales, Marketing and company leadership to help our inbound and outbound Sales Development Representatives (SDRs) to deliver value-add interactions with prospects and accelerate our growth.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
You will be responsible for leading and growing our sales development organization. You will be an integral part of the sales leadership team and will provide continuous mentorship for our SDRs, refine our sales process, define and track our KPIs, and spearhead SDR recruiting.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU'LL:
- Recruit, hire, coach, and manage a team of Sales Development Representatives
- Proactively identify and launch initiatives to drive new business development growth and operational excellence
- Monitor and refine processes, metrics, and tools to maximize success on the SDR team
- Achieve quarterly and annual pipeline and revenue targets
- Ensure that team metrics are aligned with the broader organizational objectives
- Report pipeline-building metrics and forecasts to company leadership
- Collaborate with sales leadership to deliver targeted training and development
- Motivate the team to exceed objectives through coaching and mentorship
- Work with marketing and sales operations to ensure thorough follow up of inbound leads
- Provide insightful feedback from prospect conversations to product, sales and marketing leadership
THE SKILLSET YOU'LL BRING:
- 3+ years experience managing high performing sales development teams
- Strong understanding of sales development best practices (cadence management, cold-calling, objection handling, etc.) and pipeline building process
- Curiosity, empathy, and humility
- Ability to analyze and manage Sales Development activities using Salesforce, SalesLoft, and other best-in-breed software solutions
- Ability to understand, recommend, and advocate for technologies that will improve the efficiency of your team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Retool is the fast way of building internal tools through our low-code drag-and-drop platform. We were founded in 2017 and graduated from YC the same year. Our Series A was led by Sequoia and we're backed by Daniel Gross ), John and Patrick Collison of Stripe, and Elad Gil, among others.