Sales Operations Manager
San Francisco /
WHY WE'RE LOOKING FOR YOU
In the last year we’ve grown our revenue 5x and built a small, but mighty, sales team. We’ve learned a lot, built some processes, and added many wonderful customers to the Retool community. Now we’re building scalable sales processes and systems to take our growth to the next level. Our team is scrappy and ready to improve our efficiency, attainment, and outcomes as we move forward bringing Retool to companies across all industries, sizes, and stages.
WHO YOU'LL WORK WITH
You will partner with Sales, Marketing, and company leadership to help our Sales teams run better. You'll also work cross-functionally to understand what's working, what's not, and how you can help.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
You will partner with Sales, Marketing, and company leadership to help our team create and execute quarterly and annual revenue plans, define and improve sales processes, analyze and share insights on key revenue and sales trends, design and measure metrics to enhance overall productivity, and ultimately help scale our business in an effective way. You’ll bring insights to your stakeholders, make recommendations, and deploy the path forward.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU'LL:
- Design and implement a sales compensation structure that awards high performance and aligns incentives of the sales team with the business goals
- Divide and allocate accounts to reps based on the comp plan and territories
- Identify and build/improve key sales processes to ensure efficiency and high performance across teams that scale over time
- Develop key metrics that provide insights into sales performance and operational efficiency
- Support weekly, monthly & quarterly reporting and forecasting for the sales organization, identifying significant changes and trends that will materially impact our growth trajectory
- Source, implement, and manage technologies used by the sales team and evaluate the effectiveness of the technologies
- Administer our Salesforce instance and adjacent tools (Gong.io, Salesloft, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Audit, uncover and resolve data quality issues; make recommendations to avoid issues in the future
- Manage and prioritize operations requests, projects, and priorities
THE SKILLSET YOU'LL BRING:
- Three years or more experience in sales operations with a demonstrated history of improving sales productivity by providing data-driven insights for strategic planning and sales enablement (especially within the SaaS startup space)
- The ability to zoom in and zoom out: balance high-level planning with day-to-day operations
- Ability to finetune complex sales processes and rollouts
- Ability to analyze complex sets of data and present it in an easy and digestible manner
- Strong financial acumen and understanding
- Understanding of Salesforce architecture and design principles and best practices
- Excellent Excel/Google Sheets skills
- Ability to prioritize and communicate multiple ongoing projects
- Data-driven decision-making skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Retool is the fast way of building internal tools through our low-code drag-and-drop platform. We were founded in 2017 and graduated from YC the same year. Our Series A was led by Sequoia and we're backed by Daniel Gross ), John and Patrick Collison of Stripe, and Elad Gil, among others.