San Francisco /
WHY WE'RE LOOKING FOR YOU
In the last year, we’ve grown our revenue 5x and built a small but mighty sales team; now we’re ready to bring in more help. As an outbound SDR, you’ll be identifying Mid-Market and Enterprise prospects and messaging them in creative ways to generate qualified opportunities for our sales team.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
You’ll be responsible for creating meetings so our sales team and customer engineers can help our customers be successful with Retool. You’ll be creating prospect lists, identifying key accounts to target, and sending personalized outbound messages to prospective Retool buyers. Retool is moving quickly so you’ll need to be ambitious, eager to learn, and calm under pressure.
WHO YOU'LL WORK WITH
You’ll work with the sales team to identify messaging that resonates with our technical audience, so that you can find and message prospects that are likely to get significant value from Retool.
You’ll be joining a broader team of Retools who are passionate about serving our customers, enjoy collaborating to build an incredibly innovative product, and enjoy swapping stories. If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!
IN THIS ROLE, YOU'LL:
- Identify prospects that could be ideal Retool buyer personas
- Send personalized, creative outbound campaigns to these prospects and book qualified meetings for our sales team
- Achieve daily, weekly, and quarterly metrics
- Create sales pipeline by building and testing outbound strategies
- Be diligent around Salesforce.com hygiene so you, and other Retool teams, can use that data to analyze and report on the state of the funnel
- Develop a keen understanding of the Retool product and value proposition, as well as sales skills
THE SKILLSET YOU'LL BRING:
- An outcome-focused mindset
- Attention to details and a strong and consistent work ethic
- A desire for feedback, adopting changes, and learning very quickly
- A love for testing, tracking, and iterating on your process
- The ability to thrive in ambiguity and work autonomously
- Genuine curiosity
- Excitement to pursue a career in sales!
Retool is a fast way of building internal tools through our low-code drag-and-drop platform. We were founded in 2017 and graduated from YC the same year. Our Series A was led by Sequoia and we're backed by Daniel Gross (whose company is right upstairs from us!), John and Patrick Collison of Stripe, and Elad Gil, among others.