Content Marketing Manager
San Francisco /
WHY WE'RE LOOKING FOR YOU
Retool is looking to hire our first content marketing manager to build an audience of technical folks. You’ll get it done through top quality developer-focused content, as well as figuring out the best ways to get Retool in front of people who need it. Writing engaging, technically literate content for developers is one of the hardest jobs in tech, but it’s also one of the most important.
We haven’t invested a ton in content so far, but we’ve seen some positive early signals. We've had a few pieces do really well on HN, like What's SAP, Salesforce for Engineers, and Building Apps on Google Sheets. We’ve got some really interesting stuff in the works content-wise, like an industry survey about how developers build internal tooling, but we’re at still very early, and need help.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
Your primary responsibility as our content writer is going to be creating content. We need help with a few things:
• Building a world class blog with genuinely useful tutorials, interesting interviews and profiles, and thought-provoking analyses
• Communicating the value of Retool to a technical audience through our website copy and organization
• Building an exciting and valuable product experience through our documentation and helpful product copy
This is a short list, but there’s plenty more to work on, including case studies and whitepapers for our sales team. We’re not looking for someone to pull tickets off of a backlog: to make Retool’s content operation great, you’ll need to be someone who’s able to figure out where they can add the most value and how they should spend their time.
WHO YOU'LL WORK WITH
We’re a hard-working, passionate bunch who are motivated by collaboration, strong results, and customer impact. When we’re in the office, we enjoy eating lunch (and often dinner!) together, and swapping stories about our previous lives. But what brings us together is the goal of showing customers (including potential ones!) how Retool can make them and their companies more efficient and successful.
If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!
THE SKILLSET YOU'LL BRING
- You have experience marketing and writing to a discerning technical audience
- You have worked with marketing, sales, and product teams to bring ideas to paper
- You have thoughts about how to distribute content and get your great writing in front of who it’s made for
- You are comfortable ideating and thinking yourself about where you should be spending your time and what content the company needs
We’d love for you to apply! To get a better sense of your style and writing, we’re asking for you to link to two of the favorite pieces of content that you’re written or have been a part of writing. Hope to hear from you soon!