San Francisco /
Why we're looking for you
Retool has focused the last year on building an excellent product, delivering value and impact to our customers, and growing the business. Now that we’ve built this foundation, we’re looking for our first business recruiter to scale the sales, success, and support teams (with a little bit of general and administrative hiring mixed in). We have aggressive 2021 and beyond goals, and we’ll need to quickly grow these teams (and the rest of the business!) to support our quickly increasing customer base. We’ll look to you to lead the charge and drive Retool’s growth in partnership with our seasoned and engaged hiring managers.
What you'll do
You’ll drive full-cycle recruiting, from sourcing to closing candidates, for several teams at Retool. You’ll partner with our hiring managers to identify top talent, effectively build and refine processes, and bring new hires into the business. You’ll also help educate about best practices and how to best work with you. You’ll have tools at your disposal (think LinkedIn Recruiter, Gem, etc.) and you’ll leverage your sourcing skills to find and engage candidates.
You’ll use your past experience hiring within startups to navigate nuanced candidate situations, facilitate hiring decisions, and deliver unmatched candidate experience. But you won’t do it alone—the whole team will fully support you and more than ever, you’ll have the agency to drive, build meaningful relationships, and create hiring initiatives the way you envision them.
As the company grows, so will our needs. We’ll leverage your skills (and hopefully your network, too!) to grow our recruiting team. You’ll have say in who we hire and how we structure our team.
Who you'll work with
The talent team at Retool is small but extremely impactful. Recruiting has historically been a team sport, and we're proud of the recruiting-forward organization we've built. You’ll partner with the team to set goals, ensure a stellar candidate experience, and achieve our aggressive hiring targets.
We’re a diverse bunch with a variety of backgrounds: some of us come from industries unrelated to tech and others have grown up on a steady diet of Bay-area companies. We’re a slightly sarcastic, dedicated, and hard-working group (who also loves plants and GIFS) and we’re looking to add folks to help us expand our culture. If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!
And, it might be helpful to note: we expect to be back in our beautiful Hayes Valley, San Francisco office this coming fall, pending a successful continuation of vaccine rollouts!
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Learn how to use Lever, our applicant tracking system, to successfully move candidates through our pipeline and ensure data cleanliness and accuracy.
- Own the full-cycle recruiting process, from our first touchpoint with candidates to closing them in partnership with our head of engineering, engineers, and peers.
- Leverage your metrics to inform your activity needs, which we'll look to you to interpret and present (and manage to).
- Learn our sourcing profiles and refine them as needed, all with the intent of hiring the best and brightest engineers and designers, from a variety of backgrounds.
- Contribute to Retool's mission to build a diverse and performant company.
- Drive hiring decisions with your hiring managers. You’ll act as a sounding board and guide through our candidate debriefs post onsites and help the hiring team make a final decision.
- Kickoff new-to-the-business roles, primarily within product and design. You'll own the kickoff process and agree on deliverables with hiring managers, interviewers, and so forth. You may occasionally step in to support the growing org by taking on the occasional role outside of technical hiring.
- Partner with your engineering team to identify non-traditional ways to reach out to and attract candidates.
- Design and deploy new programs, relationships with external organizations, and track their progress.
- Help interview and hire Retool’s next recruiting hire.
THE SKILLSET YOU'LL BRING:
- 2+ years experience in full-cycle recruiting on the business side
- At least 1 year experience in recruiting within a startup
- Past success in closing candidates
- Demonstrated understanding of recruiting metrics, conversions, and a constant desire to improve how we operate
- Past experience in working with multiple hiring managers
- A genuine interest in diversity and inclusion that you imbed into your recruiting practices
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A business-first attitude
- A desire to be a foundational team member and build a world-class team
Retool is a fast way of building internal tools through our low-code drag-and-drop platform. We were founded in 2017 and graduated from YC the same year. Our Series A was led by Sequoia and we're backed by Daniel Gross (whose company is right upstairs from us!), John and Patrick Collison of Stripe, and Elad Gil, among others.