San Francisco /
WHY WE'RE LOOKING FOR YOU
Retool is growing quickly, with customers ranging from early-stage startups to Fortune 500s. We’re excited to hire our first ever Content Editor to build the foundation of great storytelling at Retool and use the power of narrative to help our customers solve major challenges around internal tools and beyond. The breadth and diversity of our customers is vast, and we have the opportunity to share the impact and value of Retool with the variety of our customers that use Retool in unique ways across their business. We have big goals ahead of us and content will be a key part of how we’ll get there. If you want to help shape the strategy, voice, and editorial production for a fast-growing startup, this role is for you.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
You’ll partner with marketing, sales, success, engineering, and our executive team to establish Retool as a thought-leader and use interesting content to drive awareness, engagement, and demand with current and future technical users. And you’ll collaborate with customers and partners to showcase all of the possibilities that Retool unlocks. You’ll report to the Head of Product Marketing and will own content strategy while getting to self-direct game-changing content.
You’ll have the opportunity to drive content strategy and will ensure we’re sharing the right content with our customers, prospects, and end users. We’ll look to you to use your excellent written skills to communicate well with engineers and team members alike all the while telling the story of Retool.
WHO YOU'LL WORK WITH
You’ll join a small, but mighty marketing team at Retool. Everything we do is aimed at helping the company better understand our growing customer base and scale revenue to build an enduring business. Whether you’re a cat-person or a dog-person, love the outdoors or staying in, there’s a place for you on this team.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU'LL:
- Design and implement a content strategy based on understanding our customers, market trends, and competitors.
- Partner closely across the entire organization to uncover and create the most compelling and unique stories from multiple voices, especially our customers.
- Manage our blog, editorial calendar, organic social, and content measurement across the entire funnel.
- Keep the bar for content exceptionally high and build guidelines to help everyone at Retool become a better writer and storyteller.
- Partner with freelancers, agencies, and other external vendors when needed to define and deliver content on time, within budget, and at a high quality.
- Identify influencers in the internal tools/developer space and work with them to create industry-leading content.
THE SKILLSET YOU'LL BRING:
- Exceptional storyteller, content producer, and editor with 5+ years of B2B content marketing experience.
- Proven track record of setting long-term content strategy, getting internal buy-in from executive stakeholders, and executing high-quality outcomes.
- Experience in measuring the impact of content at every stage of the funnel and working with analytics teams to drive thematic insights.
- Ability to synthesize data—whether it’s internal product data or large-scale surveys—into large-scale reports that drive revenue impact.
- Customer-driven mindset.
Retool is a fast way of building internal tools through our low-code drag-and-drop platform. We were founded in 2017 and graduated from YC the same year. Our Series A was led by Sequoia and we're backed by Daniel Gross (whose company is right upstairs from us!), John and Patrick Collison of Stripe, and Elad Gil, among others.