San Francisco /
WHY WE'RE LOOKING FOR YOU
Our customer engineering team works on the frontlines to build products for, and with, Retool’s largest, and most strategic customers. The team is critical to Retool’s growth. You’ll be implementing new features to help acquire new business, and building solutions for existing customers so that Retool continues to scale with their needs.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
You’ll work with three to five large customers at a given time to identify features that will help them be successful on Retool. Sometimes you’ll be working with new customers who are evaluating Retool for their business needs. Other times you may be partnering with an existing customer that is scaling quickly. In all cases you’ll be responsible for identifying product features, evaluating whether they make sense for Retool to build, and working closely with our customers to implement a solution.
WHO YOU'LL WORK WITH
You’ll join our small-but-mighty Customer Engineering team and partner with other teams like Sales Engineering, Success and Sales to identify our biggest customer needs. You’ll also spend a lot of time working with our customers directly. You’ll be joining a broader team of Retools who are passionate about serving our customers, and enjoy collaborating with each other to build a product from the ground up.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU'LL:
- Work with customers evaluating Retool to implement new feature requests
- Work with existing customers to identify and build new products that meet their business needs.
- Work with our Sales and Success teams to understand and prioritize the product needs of our new and existing customers
- Suss out the product blockers for a customer in adopting Retool, and help overcome them
- Answer technical and nuanced questions from our customers as they come up
THE SKILLSET YOU'LL BRING:
- Ideally, experience in professional front-end development, some of which you’ve spent in startups
- Strong communication skills and experience working with customers
- A track record of identifying valuable projects, communicating our strategies for accomplishing them, and executing on them autonomously
- A user-first mindset, and an interest in talking with customers to make sure we’re building a high quality product that meets their needs
Retool is a fast way of building internal tools through our low-code drag-and-drop platform. We were founded in 2017 and graduated from YC the same year. Our Series A was led by Sequoia and we're backed by Daniel Gross (whose company is right upstairs from us!), John and Patrick Collison of Stripe, and Elad Gil, among others.