San Francisco /
WHY WE'RE LOOKING FOR YOU
Our customer engineering team is critical to Retool: it drives most of our future growth, primarily by working closely with potential customers, and ensuring customers themselves are successful with Retool. Our customers are primarily engineers and it’s important to build excellent working relationships with our key stakeholders while supporting their needs within their instance of Retool.
Our customer base has doubled over the last year and in order to continue supporting our customers, we need someone like you to join the team to divide and conquer.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
You will completely own the technical relationship with our customers, from getting ramped with their use-cases to helping them troubleshoot. You’ll manage our custom Slack channels with our enterprise customers and check in with them frequently through regular calls and meetings. You’ll also be responsible for training them on new Retool products and features and ensure they’re able to gain the most value from Retool. And as you’ll know the ins and outs of our customers’ accounts, you’ll also drive upsell conversations. Ultimately, we’ll look to you to ensure they are successful and happy building internal apps atop of Retool.
WHO YOU'LL WORK WITH
You’ll join our small-but-mighty Success team and partner with other customer engineers to support our customers. You’ll work cross-functionally with team members ranging from support engineering to marketing, and you’ll partner with our CEO and CTO to navigate some upsell conversations.
You’ll be joining a broader team of Retools who are passionate about serving our customers, enjoy collaborating to build an incredibly innovative product, and enjoy spending time together. If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!
IN THIS ROLE, YOU'LL:
- Own the whole customer journey, from end to end (starting a trial => ensuring they are successful even after they purchase)
- Demo the Retool product, answering questions about Retool, ultimately convincing them Retool is the correct solution
- Create technical content to demonstrate best practices (e.g. sample apps, documentation, videos, etc.)
- Suss out the blockers for a customer in adopting Retool, and overcoming them
- If there are technical limitations in Retool that need solving via code (e.g. a bug, a missing feature, etc.), you’ll build it yourself
- Serve as the primary, ongoing technical point of contact for our users
- Answer technical support questions from our customers as they come up
- Schedule and attend weekly check-ins with our largest customers
- Help interview and grow the customer engineering team
THE SKILLSET YOU'LL BRING:
- Experience as a strong generalist engineering
- Strong knowledge of SQL, various no-SQL databases, APIs, etc.
- Comfortable coding in Retool’s codebase (React / Node)
- Previous experience talking with customers and solving their problems
- Ability to think on your feet, and solve problems during calls with technical customers
- Computer science or related background
- Experience managing upsell conversations and navigating contract renewals
Retool is a fast way of building internal tools through our low-code drag-and-drop platform. We were founded in 2017 and graduated from YC the same year. Our Series A was led by Sequoia and we're backed by Daniel Gross (whose company is right upstairs from us!), John and Patrick Collison of Stripe, and Elad Gil, among others.