Customer Success Engineer
San Francisco /
WHY WE'RE LOOKING FOR YOU
Over the past year our business has been growing at breakneck speed and we’ve been taking on more, and larger, customers. We’re looking to grow our Customer Success Engineering team to partner closely with our most important customers and help them grow on the Retool platform. Since our customers are primarily engineers, we work side by side with them to identify their use cases and help them build on Retool. You’ll be part strategic thought partner(helping customers figure out the best way to run their business on Retool), part engineer(building with the customer), and part champion of the customer to the rest of the company(highlighting pain points and feature requests).
WHAT YOU'LL DO
You will completely own the strategic relationship with our most important customers, from getting ramped on Retool with their use-cases to helping them troubleshoot their apps. You’ll partner closely with our customers to identify new and better ways to use Retool. You’re responsible for the overall success and happiness of the customers you manage and for being their advocate to other teams at Retool. You will identify trends for improvements and opportunities to help our customers thrive on Retool.
WHO YOU'LL WORK WITH
You’ll join the Customer Success team and partner with other customer engineers to support our customers. You’ll work cross-functionally with team members ranging from support engineering to marketing, and you’ll partner with the sales team to navigate upsell conversations.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU'LL:
- Own the whole customer journey post-sale and spend the majority of your time interacting with customers and ensuring their success
- Be a thought partner to Retool customers to help them grow their own business more effectively
- Demo Retool and answer questions about how to make the best use of the product
- Create technical content to demonstrate best practices (e.g. sample apps, documentation, videos, etc.)
- Suss out the blockers for a customer in adopting Retool — and overcome them through content, education, product improvements, and training
- If there are technical limitations in Retool that need solving via code (e.g. a bug, a missing feature, etc.), you’ll build it yourself or partner with our product engineering teams
- Serve as the primary, ongoing technical point of contact for our users
- Answer technical support questions from our customers as they come up
- Run regular check-ins and business reviews with our largest customers
- Help interview and grow the customer engineering team
THE SKILLSET YOU'LL BRING:
- Desire to work with customers and be a thought partner to their business
- Experience managing upsell conversations and navigating contract renewals
- Previous experience talking with customers and solving their problems
- Experience as a strong generalist engineer
- Strong knowledge of SQL, various no-SQL databases, APIs, etc.
- Ability to think on your feet, and solve problems during calls with technical customers
- Computer science or related background