Enterprise Support Engineer
San Francisco /
WHY WE'RE LOOKING FOR YOU
In the last year, we’ve grown our customer base over 5x and continued to enhance our product. With a growing base of AAA enterprise customers and users, we have more questions, feedback, and tickets coming in than ever before. As we continue to grow, we’re adding more seasoned and customer-centric enterprise support engineers to support our largest Retool customers.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
Working in Support at Retool you’ll communicate with enterprise customers directly over many channels including Slack, email, and video calls. You’ll be working with customers through the full stack of running and hosting retool on-premise, from helping them connect data sources to tackling complex infrastructure challenges. You’ll help answer product questions, unblock the most difficult technical challenges, and teach customers best practices to help get maximum business value from Retool.
Retool is a broad technical product, so ideally you are a generalist engineer and enjoy learning new technologies.On a typical day, you might help someone debug a database connection, API authentication flow, networking issues, or identity providers/SAML — often live on an impromptu screen-share to help a high value customer.
WHO YOU'LL WORK WITH
You’ll work with support engineers, software engineers, and success managers to troubleshoot and solve customer problems. Support is a small team today, but rapidly expanding to match our customer growth.
You’ll be joining a broader team of Retools who are passionate about serving our customers, enjoy collaborating to build an incredibly innovative product, and partake in some occasional-but-well-intentioned sarcasm. If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!
THE SKILLSET YOU'LL BRING:
- 2-4 years of experience providing technical support to engineers, preferably for a B2B product
- Ability to lead troubleshooting calls and interact with customers live to inspect secure networks
- A solid understanding of networking principles including TCP/IP, DNS, SSL
- Strong CLI chops, you know your way around Linux and how track down obscure commands
- Familiarity with at least one major VPC provider, I.E. AWS or GC
- Strong written and in-person communications
- Bonus points for familiarity with API and Identity authentication methods like OAuth 2.0, Okta, SAML; and familiarity with Docker
Retool is a fast way of building internal tools through our low-code drag-and-drop platform. We were founded in 2017 and graduated from YC the same year. Our Series A was led by Sequoia and we're backed by Daniel Gross (whose company is right upstairs from us!), John and Patrick Collison of Stripe, and Elad Gil, among others.