Reprogramming Scientist/Sr Scientist - T Cell Therapy
Redwood City, CA /
Partial Reprogramming /
Retro Biosciences is a fast-growing biopharma startup using high-throughput, high-dimensional approaches to develop therapies for diseases driven by the biology of aging. We are looking to expand our exceptional team at our Redwood City location.
We are looking for a Reprogramming Scientist to join the cellular reprogramming biology team designing and characterizing cellular reprogramming approaches for T cell therapies.
- Designing and executing ambitious experiments to develop and characterize partial reprogramming processes using transcription factors, modRNA and small molecule drugs in vitro and in vivo.
- Identifying and validating reprogramming markers in vitro and in vivo.
- Experience with viral reprogramming approaches (Sendai, Lenti, Retro, AAV), as well as non-virus approaches like plasmids and/or LNP/RNAs.
- Isolating and expanding human T cells from PBMCs and Leukopaks.
- Interfacing closely with a bioinformatician to analyze single-cell RNA-sequencing data, DNA methylation data, and other forms of omics data.
- PhD degree. Postdoctoral studies with 2-4 years of relevant experience is a plus.
- Strong knowledge in immunology, stem cell, developmental, and reprogramming biology.
- Experience with human and/or mouse cellular reprogramming.
- Deep understanding of epigenetic and transcriptional mechanisms.
- Experience with assay development, genetic and drug screening.
- Experience characterizing reprogramming intermediates by genome-wide approaches.
- Adaptable, responsive, high energy, and strong work ethic.
- Willingness to rapidly and creatively experiment and learn from the process.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and open, straightforward communication.
- Strong desire to integrate their work with what others are doing and to understand the big picture.
- T cell reprogramming or iPSC-derived T cell differentiation is a plus.
You may be a good match for this role if:
- You’re energetic, adaptable, and detail-oriented
- Friends describe you as a problem solver
- You rapidly experiment and improve in a startup environment
- You communicate openly and cogently
- Working on the unfamiliar increases your motivation
About Retro Our leadership team is a group of mission-driven, kind, and thoughtful individuals. We take pride in evolving a work environment that fosters collaboration, open communication, and authenticity. We believe that great results are best delivered by a highly creative group working in concert. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We offer competitive pay, health benefits, lunch daily, snacks and more! If interested in this position, please send your résumé or CV with a couple of sentences about how your experience maps onto our needs, and what interests you about Retro.