Scientist/Sr Scientist - Immunology
Redwood City, CA /
Partial Reprogramming /
The mission of Retro Biosciences is to extend healthy human lifespan by one decade.
We are a well-funded, untraditional bio startup based in Redwood City pursuing multiple programs, including cellular reprogramming therapeutics. We do great science faster than academia and with more flexibility than big pharma. We’re building a team of incredibly accomplished and kind individuals who embrace our culture of rapid iteration, transparency, and versatility.
We are seeking a highly motivated and innovative Scientist or Senior Scientist with deep expertise in immunology, specifically the adaptive immune system to support the development of the next generation of rejuvenated cell therapies.
- Design and implement from scratch complex experiments with scientific rationale and methods
- Shape strategic plans, drive timelines and achievements, and coordinate tasks across multiple collaborative projects
- Work with internal teams to design and apply cellular strategies to rejuvenate immune cells
- Perform in vitro and in vivo assays to test immune cell function
- Collaborate with colleagues to advance our internal programs
- Analyze and present experimental data to our internal team and collaborators
- Maintain an electronic lab notebook and contribute to support documentation
- PhD, MD, or equivalent in immunology, cell biology, or related discipline with at least two years of postdoctoral training
- Proven track record high-impact publications in top tier journals
- Recognized proficiency related to characterization of primary T cells, including cytotoxicity assays, cell proliferation assays and phenotypic characterization
- Experience with animals models for cancer immunotherapy
- Deep understanding of adaptive immunity including T cell, B cell, myeloid or dendritic cell biology
- Highly organized and scientifically rigorous with significant attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to work and think independently
You may be a good match for this role if
- You’re energetic, adaptable, and detail-oriented
- You’re intellectually curious and deeply pragmatic
- You communicate openly, clearly, and proactively
- You can rapidly iterate and improve in a startup environment
- You have a burning desire to understand aging biology through the lens of modern data-rich measurement technologies
Our leadership team is a group of mission-driven, kind, and thoughtful individuals. We take pride in evolving a work environment that fosters collaboration, open communication, and authenticity. We believe that great results are best delivered by a highly creative group working in concert. We offer competitive pay, health benefits, lunch daily, snacks and more!