Senior Lab Equipment Technician
Redwood City, CA
We are a well-funded, untraditional bio startup. Our mission is to extend healthy human lifespan by 10 years. We believe the deeper, underlying causes of age-related diseases are the untreated mechanisms of aging itself.
We are looking for a highly organized and self-motivated Senior Lab Equipment Technician. You’ll be part and parcel with the Retro Ops team and your primary responsibility will be to assist the Research Operations Manager with the day to day lab equipment needs. You’ll be juggling multiple balls at once sometimes, but affirmatively within the constraints of a healthy, happy working environment. This is an Individual Contributor (IC) position.
What you’ll do in this role:
- Set up and install new laboratory instruments and equipment
- Diagnose, repair, and maintain a variety of lab instruments and equipment
- Maintain accurate records of maintenance logs including calibration reports, quality checks, and other service reports
- Research and procure needed equipment for our labs
- Train lab personnel on proper use, document workflows in SOPs
- Manage spare parts inventory for common failures
You might thrive in this role if you:
- Have a degree in mechanical engineering, electronics, science, or other equivalent
- Have at least 2-5 years of related experience
- Love complex machines and already have a history of playing with them for fun
- Know how instruments work and can take a shot at just fixing them instead of throwing up your hands and calling the manufacturer
- Are able to lift and move heavy equipment, at least 50 lbs
- Are resourceful and can figure out how to solve unusual problems
- You move fast and maintain a high level of attention to detail, organization, and followthrough
- Proficiency with Google Workspace and Asana would be a plus
Our team is a group of mission-driven, kind, and thoughtful individuals. We take pride in evolving a work environment that fosters collaboration, open communication, and authenticity. We believe that great results are best delivered by a highly creative group working in concert. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Retro develops therapies for diseases driven by the biology of aging. We work on (1) partial reprogramming, (2) blood factors, and (3) autophagy to rejuvenate cell and tissue function with the ultimate aim of adding years to healthy human lifespan.
The annual salary range for this role is $90,000 - $150,000. Total compensation also includes generous equity and benefits.
Benefits and perks:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
-401(k) plan with 4% matching
-Unlimited time off and 10 company holidays per year
-Paid parental leave
-Annual learning & development stipend
-Free lunch and snacks