Pharma Project Manager
Redwood City, CA /
Retro Biosciences is a fast-growing biopharma startup using high-throughput, high-dimensional approaches to develop therapies for diseases driven by the biology of aging. We are looking to expand our exceptional team at our Redwood City location.
We are seeking a Pharma Project Manager, Generalist. This person will collaborate with our CEO, consultants, and scientists to establish and execute our multiple programs, with an emphasis on pre-clinical and early-stage clinical development.
- Preclinical project management for CMC, safety, indication expansion, and NCE derivation
- Drive velocity, cut through BS, get to the essential
- Participate in strategy, planning and execution of pilot, phase 1 and phase 2 trials
- Supervise and track all aspects of study progress to assure we hit or beat our intended timelines -- while maintaining quality
- Stay connected with our KOLs, investigators, and clinical site staff efficiently and harmoniously
- Plan and run meetings with external partners using well-structured agendas to support both your colleagues as well as external participants to focus on exactly what is needed.
- Use tracking systems that are continuously readable to colleagues, to decrease the need for making fancy reports
- Provide structure and cut through ambiguity to clarify the decisions we need to make
- Communicate complex ideas cross-functionally
- 3+ years experience in project management
- Experience with trial design and execution from the beginning of the life cycle of a therapeutic candidate through at least phase 2
- Close experience with IND and/or IRB submissions process
- Conversant in biotech business, pharmacology, and drug development concepts
- Bachelor's degree in life sciences or related field
- Experience in a dynamic startup
You may be a good match for this role if:
- You’re energetic, adaptable, and detail-oriented
- You automatically create structure to make everything you touch more efficient
- Friends describe you as a problem solver
- You rapidly experiment and improve in a startup environment
- You communicate openly and cogently
- Working on the unfamiliar increases your motivation
About Retro Our leadership team is a group of mission-driven, kind, and thoughtful individuals. We take pride in evolving a work environment that fosters collaboration, open communication, and authenticity. We believe that great results are best delivered by a highly creative group working in concert. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If interested in this position, please send your résumé or CV with a couple of sentences about how your experience maps onto our needs, and what interests you about Retro.