Animal Care Technician III
Redwood City, CA
We are a well-funded, untraditional bio startup based in Redwood City. Our mission is to extend healthy human lifespan by 10 years. We believe the deeper, underlying causes of age-related diseases are the untreated mechanisms of aging itself.
We are seeking a Animal Care Technician III to join our Vivarium team. We're looking for someone who is well-organized with a sharp eye for detail, energetic, adaptable, values collaboration, and has strong communication skills with a comfort level in talking to different teams and levels. You’ll be juggling multiple balls at once sometimes, but affirmatively within the constraints of a healthy, happy working environment.
In this role you will:
- Maintain the highest standards of animal welfare and biosecurity
- Maintain our animal colony by performing routine husbandry such as (cage changing, feeding and watering, providing environmental enrichment) as well as conducting animal health observations, animal receipt, and basic health treatments and animal recei
- Maintain the highest standards of animal welfareving
- Contribute to facility upkeep and cleanliness; performing cleaning, decontamination of animal holding and procedure rooms with excellent quality and rigor
- Perform vivarium-based initiatives independently and providingprovide guidance to other team members as needed
- Learn to provide assistance with in vivo experiments by performing basic biomethodology (handling, restraint, body weight collection, behavioral assays, weaning, genotyping) to contribute to ongoing scientific research
You might thrive in this role if you:
- Have worked with rodents in research or laboratory setting
- Have experience in animal breeding and colony management
- Can work a flexible schedule, weekends and holiday work are required but shared among the team
- Are detail-oriented and comfortable with accurate record keeping: routinely filling out important laboratory records, such as daily animal health check logs, room temperature/humidity readings, etc
- Are familiar with GSuite: Google Sheets and Google Docs
- ALAT, LAT certification is nice to have but not a requirement
Our team is a group of mission-driven, kind, and thoughtful individuals. We take pride in evolving a work environment that fosters collaboration, open communication, and authenticity. We believe that great results are best delivered by a highly creative group working in concert. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Retro develops therapies for diseases driven by the biology of aging. We work on (1) partial reprogramming, (2) blood factors, and (3) autophagy to rejuvenate cell and tissue function with the ultimate aim of adding years to healthy human lifespan.
We are looking to expand our exceptional team at our Redwood City location. The annual salary range for this role is $70,000 - $80,000. Total compensation also includes generous equity and benefits.
Benefits and perks:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
- 401(k) plan with 4% matching
- Unlimited time off and 10 company holidays per year-
- Paid parental leave
- Annual learning & development stipend
- Free lunch and snacks