Research Associate/Senior Research Associate (In Vivo)
Redwood City, CA /
Our mission is to extend the healthy human lifespan by one decade.
We are a well-funded, untraditional bio startup based in Redwood City. We believe the deeper, underlying causes of age-related diseases are the untreated mechanisms of aging itself. By focusing on the cellular drivers of aging, Retro will design therapeutics eventually capable of multi-disease prevention. Our main programs are in autophagy, blood plasma-inspired therapeutics, and epigenetic reprogramming. We’re building a mission-driven team of accomplished and kind individuals who embrace our startup culture of rapid iteration, transparency, and versatility.
We have an open position for an experienced In Vivo Research Associate / Senior Research Associate to establish and support a range of activities enabling our in vivo research and clinical development.
- Perform basic and advanced biomethods including blood collections and dose administration
- Establish and perform physical and behavioral assays (Y-maze, open field etc.)
- Perform tissue collections and processing
- Assist or perform sterile surgical procedures
- Participate in experimental design and planning, colony management and breeding programs.
- Assist in analyzing and interpreting the data
- Assist in general lab management as needed – lab stock, chemical inventory, safety records, reviewing and writing operating procedures and study protocols
- BS degree in biology, veterinary science, or a related field (or equivalent experience)
- 3+ years of performing a variety of in vivo experiments involving rodents
- Experience breeding and maintaining rodent colonies
- Experience managing and supporting a research lab
- Certifications: ALAT, LAT, LATG and/or RVT
- Surgical assisting and/or working knowledge of aseptic technique, rodent anesthesia/analgesia
- Experience running behavioral assays in rodents.
You may be a good match for this role if:
- You are conscientious, observant, detail-oriented, and take excellent notes
- You can balance multiple priorities, appreciate the big picture, and solve problems
- You embrace the process of adapting to new and changing situations in a startup environment
- You are happy to jump in and help with any task that comes your way and enjoys working on a team
- Are committed to maintaining high standards for animal welfare
- You communicate clearly and proactively
- You are aligned with our mission