Research Associate (In Vivo)
Redwood City, CA /
The mission of Retro Biosciences is to extend healthy human lifespan by one decade.
We are a well-funded, untraditional bio startup based in Redwood City pursuing multiple programs, including autophagy, blood plasma-inspired therapeutics, and epigenetic reprogramming. We do great science faster than academia and more agile than big pharma. We’re building a team of accomplished and kind individuals who embrace our culture of rapid iteration, transparency, and versatility.
We have an open position for an experienced Research Associate (In Vivo) to establish and support a range of activities enabling our in vivo research and clinical development.
- Perform rodent surgeries
- Perform therapeutic dosing experiments
- Perform physical and behavioral assays
- Assist in rodent colony management and record keeping
- Assist in general lab management as needed – lab stock, chemical inventory, safety records, reviewing and writing operating procedures and study protocols
- AS or BS degree in biology, veterinary science, or a related field (or equivalent experience)
- 3+ years of rodent microsurgery experience
- 5+ years of performing a variety of in vivo experiments involving rodents
- Experience breeding and maintaining rodent colonies
- Certifications: LAT, LATG (preferred)
- Experience managing and supporting a research lab
You may be a good match for this role if:
- You are conscientious, observant, detail-oriented and take excellent notes
- You can balance multiple competing priorities
- You embrace the process of adapting to new and changing situations in a startup environment
- You are happy to jump in and help with any task that comes your way
- You are communicate clearly and proactively
- You can rapidly iterate and improve
- You care about our mission