Blood Plasma Scientist - Generalist
Redwood City, CA /
The mission of Retro Biosciences is to extend healthy human lifespan by one decade.
We are a well-funded, untraditional bio startup based in Redwood City pursuing multiple programs, including blood plasma-inspired therapeutics. We do great science faster than academia and more agile than big pharma. We’re building a team of incredibly accomplished and kind individuals who embrace our culture of rapid iteration, transparency, and versatility.
We are looking to fill multiple scientist positions to help us understand then optimize aging blood plasma. If you have relevant experience and a strong drive to advance longevity biotech, we encourage you to apply. This particular position is for a highly interdisciplinary generalist capable of integrating both experimental and computational domains.
- Designing, analyzing, and interpreting proteomic/metabolomic experiments to characterize blood factors
- Working with devices that interface with the circulatory system
- Perform deep scientific literature reviews and distillation of ideas
- Contributing to discussions with the scientific leadership with the opportunity to shape strategic decisions and start new initiatives
- PhD in the biosciences/chemistry involving work with high dimensional datasets OR a computational background and multiple years of physical lab experience OR equivalent interdisciplinary experience
- Track record of excellence
- 2 years in industry
- Protein purification and characterization
- Generating and analyzing omic datasets
- Experience tinkering with or building physical things
You may be a good match for this role if:
- You’re energetic, adaptable, and detail-oriented
- You’re intellectually curious and deeply pragmatic
- You communicate openly, clearly, and proactively
- You can rapidly iterate and improve in a startup environment
- You have a burning desire to understand aging and blood biology through the lens of modern data-rich measurement technologies
In addition to an inspiring cause, we offer competitive pay, meaningful equity, daily lunch, infinite espressos, and a community of world-class scientists. If you're interested in this position, contact us and we'll send you some papers to read before the interview process.