Research Associate (In Vivo)
Redwood City, CA
We are a well-funded, untraditional bio startup based in Redwood City. Retro develops therapies for diseases driven by the biology of aging. We work on (1) partial reprogramming, (2) blood factors, and (3) autophagy to rejuvenate cell and tissue function with the ultimate aim of adding years to healthy human lifespan by 10 years.
We have an open position for an experienced Research Associate, In Vivo to establish and support a range of activities enabling our in vivo research and clinical development.
In this role you will:
- Perform dose administration (IP, SQ, RO, PO, IV), blood collection (RO, Cardiac, SM, tail vein), tumor measurement and necropsy in rodent models.
- Assist and/or perform sterile survival surgical procedures (VAB JVC and others)
- Perform behavioral phenotyping assays (Y-maze, open field etc.)
- Maintain compliance with IACUC and regulations to assure animal welfare.
- Maintain the vivarium and surrounding space as needed lab stock, chemical inventory, safety records, reviewing and writing operating procedures and study protocols
You may thrive in this role if:
- BS degree in biology, veterinary science, or a related field (or equivalent experience)
- 1+ years of animal husbandry, colony management or rodent work in a research setting.
- Interest in learning new technical procedures such as behavior phenotyping assays (Y-Maze, Open field etc.), rodent anesthesia and surgical assisting.
- AALAS certified (AALAT, LAT or LATg) or RVT (preferred, not required)
- Must be able to stand, sit, crouch, and climb frequently for long durations. Must be able to safely lift and maneuver 50 lbs.
- You are conscientious, observant, detail-oriented and a clear, proactive communicator
- You can balance multiple priorities, appreciate the big picture, and solve problems
- You’re energetic, detail-oriented, intellectually curious, and deeply pragmatic. You thrive in a culture that embraces rapid iteration and open, straightforward communication
- Have a burning desire to understand aging biology through the lens of modern data-rich measurement technologies
Our team is a group of mission-driven, kind, and thoughtful individuals. We take pride in evolving a work environment that fosters collaboration, open communication, and authenticity. We believe that great results are best delivered by a highly creative group working in concert. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
The annual salary range for this role is $80,000-110,000. Total compensation also includes generous equity and benefits.
Benefits and perks:Medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family401(k) plan with 4% matchingUnlimited time off and 10 company holidays per yearPaid parental leaveAnnual learning & development stipend Free lunch and snacks