Redwood City, CA /
Computational Biology /
Retro develops therapies for diseases driven by the biology of aging.
We work on (1) partial reprogramming, (2) blood factors, and (3) autophagy to rejuvenate and restore function to cells, tissues, and organisms.
We are recruiting a Computational Biologist to join our growing bioinformatics group. You’ll be joining as part of the early team of a rapidly evolving startup that has a long-term vision and extreme financial stability. Candidates can look forward to helping set up and scale a focused research program in collaboration with a world-class team of scientists and engineers with diverse technical backgrounds. You will wear many hats and be challenged with new problems necessitating original thought.
Retro generates copious single-cell -omics data. You will be integral to experimental design and drive computational analysis of molecular experiments in close collaboration with experimental biologists. You will also be responsible for building robust models of aging across cell states and tissues.
- 10x faster iteration loops than big pharma & academic labs
- Extensive vertical integration: we own the full stack
- You will work with everyone across the company
- A lot will change during this early stage, providing opportunity for significant impact
- It is not for the faint of heart
Your primary responsibilities:
- Leading the development and deployment of machine learning-based biomarkers of cellular state, age, and function
- Tieing scRNA-seq, scATAC-seq, DNA methylation profiling, imaging, and proteomics assays to cellular function
- Analyzing and deriving meaningful insights from unique high-throughput datasets across our different scientific programs
- Building the next generation of interpretable mathematical models and software tools for biotechnology
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and think critically
- Python programming skills exemplified by tool development
- Experience working with scRNA-seq, scATAC-seq, methylation, imaging or proteomics data
- Knowledge of and experience with machine learning, deep learning, and Bayesian statistics
- Experience working with biological systems in both experimental and computational settings
- Extensive development experience with hallmark machine learning and data science frameworks (i.e. Pandas, Scikit-learn, PyTorch, Tensorflow)
You may be a good match for this role if you are:
- A hacker: you build quickly, information finds its ways to you
- Enthusiastic about rapidly and creatively experimenting, learning, and constantly improving
- Excellent at explaining technical concepts clearly with an open communication style
- Deeply care about aging and extending healthy human lifespan
In addition to a compelling mission, we offer competitive pay, meaningful equity, daily lunch, and infinite espressos. Come make some fundamental contributions with us!