Scientist/Sr.Scientist in Hematopoietic Stem cell Rejuvenation
Redwood City, CA /
Partial Reprogramming /
The mission of Retro Biosciences is to extend healthy human lifespan by one decade.
We are a well-funded, untraditional bio startup based in Redwood City pursuing multiple programs, including cellular reprogramming therapeutics. We do great science faster than academia and with more flexibility than big pharma. We’re building a team of incredibly accomplished and kind individuals who embrace our culture of rapid iteration, transparency, and versatility.
We are seeking a proactive and creative Scientist or Senior Scientist with deep expertise in human hematopoietic stem cell biology and cell therapies to support the development of HSC-based therapies targeting aging and age-related disease.
What you’ll do in this role:
- Run experiments and optimize protocols involving human HSCs (e.g. reprogramming, animal studies, next-generation sequencing)
- Organize and maintain lab books and inventory
- Prepare and present scientific data to internal and external collaborators
- Participate in strategy development for the program
- Wear multiple hats as needed (e.g. interview candidates, train scientists across programs)
You might thrive in this role if you:
- Highly attentive to details, have top notch organization and follow-up skills
- Passionate about aging research, have 5+ years of experience working in the lab as a project leader and 2+ years of experience working with human HSCs
- Proficient in flow cytometry, cell culture, animal research and familiarity with sequencing techniques
- Able to present results of your experiments to people across broad backgrounds
- Able to receive and provide open feedback
- Can easily switch between scientific projects
Retro develops therapies for diseases driven by the biology of aging. We work on (1) partial reprogramming, (2) blood factors, and (3) autophagy to rejuvenate cell and tissue function with the ultimate aim of adding years to healthy human lifespan.
We are looking to expand our exceptional team at our Redwood City location. The annual salary range for this role is $130,000 - $150,000. Total compensation also includes generous equity and benefits. Benefits and perks:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
- 401(k) plan with 4% matching
- Unlimited time off and 10 company holidays per year
- Paid parental leave
- Annual learning & development stipend
- Free lunch and snacks