Lead Product Designer - Remote, SF
San Francisco /
At Returnly, we help brands that care about shopper loyalty offer better product returns. We are a financial technology services company that builds award-winning products that drive repurchase behavior and customer loyalty. We were backed at the beginning by smart money VCs in Fintech including some prominent members of the Paypal Mafia. Our headquarters are in San Francisco and we have offices in Chicago and Madrid. We are on a mission to de-risk online commerce and are building a team of amazingly talented people to help us do it.
Returnly has recently been acquired by Affirm, whose mission is to deliver honest financial products that improve lives. By building a new kind of payment network — one based on trust, transparency, and putting people first — Affirm empowers millions of consumers to spend and save responsibly and gives thousands of businesses the tools to fuel growth.
About The Team
The Design and User Experience team at Returnly (now part of Affirm) is currently expanding. We’re a small but growing team, looking to expand our Product Design function and establish the foundations of our UX team. We believe those foundations include expanding beyond product design, to include UX Writing, Research and Brand Design. This is an opportunity to join a growing team as a Lead Product Designer to help shape the vision and product experience across our merchant team, while creating new and effective ways of working across the entire UX team.
About Your Role
At Returnly, a Lead Product Designer is a hands-on position requiring research, presentation skills, and the ability to generate quantity and quality design concepts, while setting and delivering on deadlines. As a qualified candidate, you care deeply about design but enthusiastically welcome feedback. You’re able to balance usable designs with smart, creative risks, and are eager to push boundaries to achieve the most effective solutions. You’ll lead a team of designers to help them frame problems effectively to explore a wide range of solutions to help narrow towards well considered, viable solutions.
This is an exciting opportunity to have a big impact on a rapidly growing product experience, while working with a growing team of designers in the US and Spain to create a better sense of craft and community at Returnly.
- Play a lead role in the design and execution of new products and user experiences across our merchant team
- Validate ideas and design decisions with qualitative feedback by user research
- Work closely with engineers, product managers, data analysts, and support teams to define product and user experience strategy
- Lead and Collaborate with designers to across our various products to ensure a cohesive user experience across our entire product portfolio
- Push the visual and interaction design of forward and help maintain its cohesion by contributing to our design system and larger documentation
- Help shape the overall Design team culture, influence the way we work, and participate in the hiring process for new talent.
- Own the end-to-end product development process from a design perspective, to prioritize multiple assignments, present work to internal stakeholders, and deliver killer creative under deadline.
- At least 5+ years of consumer product design experienceExperience leading designers through influence and clear examples
- Experience working with Product Management and Engineering teams to influence requirements through design.
- Experience contributing to, or establishing, style guides for digital product experiences
- Strong mobile experience, you’ve led at least 1 mobile project end to end and contributed to others
- A strong desire to work collaboratively with a growing design team across Product and Brand, UX Research and Content Strategy.
- Solid communication skills with designers and non-designers alike, and can effectively articulate what problems you’re solving for and your design decisions
- Experience and are comfortable validating concepts through research, low and high-fidelity prototyping, and user testing
- An equal amount of comfort working the details of your designs at a pixel-perfect level as well as at a broad conceptual one.
- An ability to think at a high level about product strategy and vision, while recognizing how your work impacts itSelf-drive, and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- A strong portfolio showcasing your problem solving skills and high design caliber; you MUST provide a link to your portfolio (and password if applicable) to be considered for this role
- (Bonus)Experience designing for direct-to-consumer or business-to-business e-commerce platforms