Remote - US /
At Returnly we help brands that care about shopper loyalty offer better product returns. We’re are a financial technology services company that builds award-winning products that drive repurchase behaviour and customer loyalty. We’re backed by smart money VCs in Fintech including some prominent members of the Paypal Mafia. Our headquarters are in San Francisco Financial District and we have offices in Chicago and Madrid. We are on a mission to de-risk online commerce and are building a team of amazingly talented people to help us do it.
Design at Returnly
The Design and User Experience team at Returnly is currently expanding. We’re a small but growing team, looking to establish the foundations of a strong UX function. We believe those foundations include expanding beyond product design to include UX Writing, Research and Brand Design. This is an opportunity to join as the first UX Writer to establish the function, collaborating closely with the Head of Design, while creating new and effective ways of working across the organization.
About the role
At Returnly, our UX Writer role is a hands-on position requiring conceptualization, research, presentation skills, the ability to generate thoughtful content, set and deliver on deadlines, and communicate ideas effectively. As a qualified candidate, you are able to develop strong points of view on the best content solution, but enthusiastically welcome feedback from users and fellow staff alike. You’re able to balance usable copy with smart, creative risks, and are eager to push boundaries to achieve the most effective solutions.
- Play a lead role in establishing the voice, tone and usability of content across our product experiences with a focus on the end-user.
- Write from scratch, edit existing copy, and think beyond the written word with input from multiple team members.
- Boil down complex systems into coherent, concise, and compelling interface copy.
- Establish, implement, and contribute to style guides and shared nomenclature across Returnly products and services.
- Collaborate with Design, UX Research, and Marketing teams to validate via research the performance of content in our products.
- Help shape the Design and UX Research team culture, influence the way we work, and participate in the hiring process for new talent.
- At least 3+ years of consumer content experience in a UX Writer or Content Strategist role.
- Experience working Product Management and Design teams to influence wireframes and functional specs.
- Experience at every piece of a user journey, from error states to success criteria.
- Experience contributing to, or establishing, style guides for digital product experiences
- Great verbal communication skills in addition to your writing skills. Able to effectively articulate what problems you’re solving for and your rationale.
- Self-drive, and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- A strong portfolio showcasing your problem solving skills and methods; you MUST provide a link to your portfolio (and password if applicable) to be considered for this role
- (Bonus) Experience in for direct-to-consumer or business-to-business e-commerce platforms
* Diversity. We are diverse, independent thinkers and still one team with one mission.
* Openness and empathy. We learn and grow by listening to our customers and each other.
* Integrity. We always do what’s right for our customers, Returnly and ourselves - in that order.
* Team. EQ is as important as IQ. We make time to help each other out.
* Commitment. We are curious and fearless. We own risk, outcomes and everything in between.