Senior Software Engineer, Full Stack
San Francisco, CA
r2c is an early-stage startup, founded with a mission to profoundly improve software security and reliability to safeguard human progress. We make developer-friendly program-analysis tools that make writing secure, efficient, correct code easy and fast. We value impactful, mission-focused work performed in a culture of honesty and mutual respect.
As a senior software engineer at r2c, you’ll join our mission by building a new category of security tools — indispensable, easy-to-use applications that developers will use to secure their work. You’ll develop systems to run program analysis at scale, on thousands of codebases, across millions of lines of code. Working hand-in-hand with r2c’s community of engineers and program-analysis experts, you’ll cultivate the success of your product.
You’ll learn about the application-security space, meeting with developers and security professionals at organizations ranging from single-person startups to social-media giants. Through r2c’s culture of transparency, you’ll see, and influence, the decisions that make an early-stage startup successful. As a member of a small engineering team with a culture of permissionless innovation, your contributions will affect every aspect of our products, giving your contributions meaningful impact now and as r2c grows.
- Craft program-analysis tools using Python, TypeScript, OCaml, Docker and Terraform
- Architect end-to-end systems involving web frontends, client applications, backend microservices, and data-analysis pipelines
- Use your broad experience and technical taste to influence and define product strategy
- Manage technical projects, identify tasks, and coordinate issue response
- Ensure continual, high-availability operation of services using modern site-reliability practices, including participation in an on-call rotation
- Advise and mentor r2c engineers via thoughtful code reviews, planning discussions, technical documentation, and formal mentorship
- Help grow our team, by participating in the recruitment and hiring of top engineering talent
You are ideal for this role if you have:
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, similar technical field of study, boot-camp completion, or equivalent practical experience
- 3+ years of demonstrated experience writing production backend services or client applications
- The ability and desire to operate in unfamiliar domains
- Experience carrying technical projects to completion, or with project-management methodologies
- An experimental, data-informed approach to identifying technical requirements; at r2c we take a “fail fast” approach, and ship minimally viable work in order to learn quickly
- Excellent, proactive communication, both verbal and written
Some example projects that you might work on include:
- Build a code-asset inventory library using natural-language processing and heuristics to detect languages and frameworks
- Craft an automated map-reduce system to rapidly detect when and how security issues are introduced into a project’s history
- Extend the r2c platform to systematically measure the quality and value of program-analysis checks using data from entire ecosystems of code
- Augment r2c’s “syntactical grep” tool to inspect Golang code
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English and being authorized to work in the US are required.